Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S Note App (Note 10.1 2014 edition)

Hi Guys,

I have a bit of an annoying dilemma.

I had saved several documents in the S Note app, but a couple of weeks ago, my tablet wasn't charging - the port was damaged so I could not connect it to anything.

Anyway, it was sent off to Samsung who reset the device, but it has now lost everything that was saved on it.

Is there any way for me to retrieve the stuff I had saved in my S Note app?

Default Re: S Note App (Note 10.1 2014 edition)

When you initially set up your S-Note app, you should have been asked where you wanted to sync this to. You had the choice of syncing to your Samsung Account or to Evernote. Depending on which one you selected is how you can retrieve your notes, and of course, depending on whether you turned the Sync option on or off after initial set up.

If you selected Samsung, you can only retrieve those from within another synced S-Note app. If you selected Evernote, you can retrieve them from any Evernote app or the Evernote webpage.

It might also be on your Samsung account because they have cloud storage

Quote Originally Posted by Moshe Barash View Post
    It might also be on your Samsung account because they have cloud storage
    For some stupid reason S-Notes can only sync with either Evernote or S-Cloud, not both. And again, it depends on your initial choice or set up changes you make down the road.

I have it synced to my Samsung account and I also downloaded the S Note application on my computer so everything is synced to my desktop. Have to admit that OneNote is getting much better and I prefer the convenience of syncing with OneDrive. As Spook said, if you had set up your sync options at the beginning you should be able to retrieve your stuff.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Hi all thanks for your responses. I don't recall having to sync when I originally set it up in April. In any case, when setting up again it asked for my details of Samsung or Evernote, both of which I added, but nothing has been restored

I guess I have lost all my memo. Never mind.