Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    322 Global Posts

Default Will Note 10.1 2014 See Window/Multitasking Improvements from Note 4??

The more I read about the Note 4 and the Note 4 Edge, the more I like what I see. I very much hope that the Note 10.1 2014 will see updates to include some of the multi-window and other usability and productivity enhancements Samsung is putting into the Note 4.
    If you haven't read about some of them, here is an excerpt from this article:

Galaxy Notes have always been great at multitasking, and the Note 4 appears to have improved on this. Now from the multi-tasking Android key the Note opens multi-window view and you can minimize different windows into circular icons on the screen. By dragging your finger in from the corner of the screen, you can adjust the size of the window you are in and use one app over the other, making it easy to snap a photo and drag and drop it directly into an email conversation, for example.

Smart Select lets you use Samsung's S Pen stylus to collect any information anywhere on the screen and save it in a temporary collection. From there you can drag and drop it into an email or into the Scrapbook feature. Best of all, if it was selected from a web browser, it retains the website's URL information.

Snap Note is another nifty new feature that lets you take a picture (of a document, say), import it into S Note and edit it manually. It doesn't do text recognition, but what it does do is let you erase bits, change colours and select areas to be enlarged. You can then save it as an image or a PDF.
    --------------------------
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Black
    iPhone 6 Steel Grey 128GB
    Samsung Galaxy S4 32GB Black (for sale)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition 4G/LTE on Verizon
    Samsung Galaxy Gear - Jet Black

Default Re: Will Note 10.1 2014 See Window/Multitasking Improvements from Note 4??

Maybe

Default Re: Will Note 10.1 2014 See Window/Multitasking Improvements from Note 4??

Don't hold your breath European users haven't even received the KitKat update yet. Maybe if we are really lucky and Samsung updates our tablet to Android L some time in Spring 2015 they will bundle in some of those improvements. If you are rooted you may be able to get the updates sooner depending on the devs.

I'm in the UK & I received the kit Kat update yesterday - I'm not linked to a carrier though.

Really? SM-P600? Buildnumber please