No sound in Facebook

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I have no sound in my facebook app. I have sound on my tablet. I've checked my tablet settings and it shows sound is on. I've checked my Facebook settings and don't see anywhere to check for sound. Anyone have any ideas? Thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's a good point. Video auto-play will play the video portion, but in order to get sound, you need to tap on the video to make it full screen.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings>App Manager, select Facebook, and tap Clear Cache/Clear Data. It might be under a Storage heading.

But have you also tried the previously mentioned solution of tapping the video after it has started auto-playing?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem with no sound in Facebook. Tried clearing the cache and data - no luck.

Welcome to Android Central! You're certain this isn't the same issue as described above, where a video that is auto-playing is silent until you tap it?

JanMM

May 28, 2016
Visit site
Yes I am certain. When I tap the video that is playing it pauses the video. There is also no sound when watching streaming of a verbal
presentation.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, and just to be sure--the device's Media Volume is turned up? I ask this because sometimes people assume they've turned up their Media Volume when in fact they only turned up their Ringtone Volume (since that's what the volume buttons control by default while on the homescreen, if there's no media currently playing).

SamsungIvor

Oct 1, 2016
Visit site
Hi People

I Have A Same Kind Of Problem
I Have Samsung A3
When I Play Videos Through My Phone The Sound Is Perfect

But When I Uploud Them 2 Facebook
NO SOUND !!!! ?

BEEN READING THE COMMENTS IN THE FORUM HERE

Tryd Everything

- Updated My Samsung Device ✔