USB Plug is Loose

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
My usb plug has gotten very loose and the least little bump causes it to fall out of the tablet's USB port. Does anyone else have this problem? Will a new charging cord be the solution?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try any other microUSB cable--does it fit more snugly? If so, then get a new cable. If all cables are loose, then it's the port.

sure why not

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
It's worth getting a magnifier and having a look into the port.

Sometimes lint/dust/debris get packed down in there and the cord won't seat all the way.
This happens a lot with phones.

Maybe you are an 'active' user of your tablet, and the solution is as simple as cleaning the port out with a pin?

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm using a different usb connection now. It's definitely better but not as tight as I (think) the original plug was in the beginning. But I think the usb cord that came with the tab has more problems than that. I play a game that causes my tablet to get quite hot! Asking around here, no one seems to consider it a problem and said a warning will pop up if it is a problem. So I've continued to play it. When the battery gets so low that the screen gets darker (not totally dark), I plug in the usb. It USED to cause the screen to light up again. Lately, the screen remains at about 20% of it's brightness. When I started using this other connection and had to plug in the tablet, the screen brightened up to where I have it set. I bought this tablet in Jan. Could the over heating of the tablet cause the usb cord to become compromised in some way?
Monica

sure why not

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
It is usually just constant flexing of the USB cord that breaks the wires inside.
Are you using the 5.3V 2.1A charger that came with the tablet?

Have you looked carefully -inside- the socket to see if the plug can fully seat?

Genuine Blackberry cords are cheap as dirt now.
They have always been high quality for both data and charging.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol