Wifi cuts out during YouTube

Blackbeagle

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I just did an update to 4.4.2. A few nights ago, I was playing a YT video when the Wifi disconnected. I turned it off and on, and it connected again. Played YT, and within 3-4 minutes, it was out again. Now I recently started using a new BT headset and replaced my Beats wired headset. Could that have anything to do with it (using BT and Wifi as the same time?).

I brought it into work today and was doing browsing. No problem for 15 minutes. Then I played a YT clip and again, the wifi cut out. So now, I know that it's not my network that is the problem. It's somewhere in the tablet. I need to figure out if:

1. If the new updates actually did anything. I had no issues before
2. Is is the new BT headset that could be contributing. At work, I browsed without issues. But as soon as I played a YT video, it would cut out within minutes.
3. Is it something with YT itself that's causing this?

Any suggestions?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Bluetooth has been known to interfere with wi-fi, and vice-versa. I know someone whose Bluetooth connection to his car cuts out when his wi-fi radio remains on. If you're able to connect to a 5 GHz wi-fi signal, try that--you'd need a router that broadcasts on the 5 GHz band.

Blackbeagle

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I did confirm it was the BT headset that I just got. Been using my wired headset for days w/o this problem. Then as soon as I connect to my BT headset, it disconnects within minutes.

SO when using a BT headset, your wifi will disconnect. Who tested this thing? They can't be that stupid.