Why isn't my USB connection detected on my Tablet as well as my PC?

djbarks

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
USB connection not detected on Tablet as well as PC

Loving my tablet until yesterday when I wanted to back up my data onto my PC. PC would not detect my USB connection and my tablet does not detect the USB connection as well. Therefore it doesn't charge now and can't connect to the PC. I have tried the original USB cable and various others to no avail; checking/unchecking USB debug mode worked temporarily and it was back to giving me the same problem. Any ideas on how to get this sorted out?

djbarks

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: USB connection not detected on Tablet as well as PC

Thanks for your reply Moshe. Yes I have tried to reinstall the USB drivers but still nothing.

djbarks

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site

Yes I do and it doesn't register the tablet. The tablet also doesn't recognize the USB connection.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

In Windows with tablet plugged in via USB and switched on, open device manager in Windows. Find the usb connection with the "unknown device", right click on that and unstall the driver. Remove the tablet and shut down the PC. restart the PC and reinstall the Samsung usb drivers. Make sure usb debugging is checked in developer options on the Note. Plug into a known working usb port of the pc. Allow windows to load drivers and discover the note. It can take a couple of minutes.

djbarks

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site

Tried that and there is no "unknown device" in device manager. I have tried uninstalling and installing the USB drivers. Still nothing.

sure why not

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

If it doesn't charge and nothing is detected at whatever com port# your desktop designates the USB it is either time to open it up and fix it yourself, or send it in for service.

sure why not

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

... Hmm
I assumed he was trying to charge with the provided wall charger as USB 2.0 only supports charging at 500mA, and there is no way that is going to charge this tablet while in use.
Use of the proper 2.1A ,5.3V charger is a must..
People who try to charge from a wimpy phone charger are not going to get juiced either.

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site

Sounds like defective USB socket or break in motherboard where USB socket mounts.... IF it will not charge and it will not "connect" to other devices,... Pretty sure its something "mechanical"...

Not at all enthused about USB 3.0 port being so small when it has all the world depending on it.... Wish it was more robust....

Dale

sure why not

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

If it is just the solder joints it can be reflowed, if the pads are torn off the PCB it means a good repair requires a new motherboard.

djbarks

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site

Doesn't charged with wall charger as well. I have tried everything so it looks like I'm booking it in for servicing. Sigh... looks like I got a faulty tablet. Thanks for your help guys.