Will the Note 10.1 get Lollipop?

geoffwhite18

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lollipop

It sounds like we will. Although I'm not sure why it matters. I doubt there will be much of any difference. Well with the exception of waiting for updates to fix all the problems the upgrade will cause.

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site

And Lollipop is.???? Hopefully is fix for the SD card fiasco????.....

Also would be great if it was "rooted" by default, instead of having all the bloat wear Samsung seems to want to shove down your throats....

Dale

pagehite

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site

And Lollipop is.???? Hopefully is fix for the SD card fiasco????.....

Also would be great if it was "rooted" by default, instead of having all the bloat wear Samsung seems to want to shove down your throats...

Ah, it's so good to have a dream...

sure why not

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

would be great if it was "rooted" by default, instead of having all the bloat wear Samsung seems to want to shove down your throats...
Dale,
If you dislike Samsung's UI so much why didn't you buy a Nexus tablet?
Or just root your Note 10.1 and install whatever you like?

I'm going out on a limb here, but I imagine all the Samsung apps that duplicate Google's are really a beta for their own OS or their fork of Android (much like Amazon's Kindle and Fire phone)

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site

UI is fine its just the bloat ware apps... I really love my tab, just want to get rid of Samsung provided apps that I do not care about, want to free up space.... Yes Rooting is a possibility in future (maybe the day after warranty period ends)...

Dale

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

Yes Rooting is a possibility in future (maybe the day after warranty period ends)...

Dale

Yep :) that's the countdown I'm on to rooting too, any day now. If that goes well will I be able to install lollipop via apk or kies, or some other non ota way?

sure why not

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

I'm counting on using Odin as soon as I find the correct file, and have time with my Note and the PC.

I did not waste any time rooting this tablet.
Samsung is good at denying legitimate warranty claims anyhow.

Titanium Backup and all that bloatware and Knox nonsense is gone! :)