How do I get my Notes back

Blackbeagle

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I have had this device for over a year and have used it virtually everyday. Yesterday was the first day that I wanted to throw it off a high bridge. I've been taking notes with this for over a year. That's a lot of important notes for work.

A few months ago, I bought a BT headset to use with this device. However, when I connect this BT, the internet shuts off within a few minutes, especially on YouTube. It was frustrating. So I thought doing a FDR might solve the problem. So I did. But I forgot about the notes. So now, I have a new tablet and all my notes are gone. On top of that, it did not solve the BT problems. When the headset is connected, internet connection randomly shuts off. But my notes are gone.

I am wondering if it's stored on the SD card or internal. Because I can't find it anywhere. I had some very important notes too, which is why this is really upsetting.

Any help would be appreciated.

Update: I did find some files in my SD card. I went under SD Memory card/Data/ColorNote. I see a bunch of files. Could this be it? They are 12345....UTO.idx or 12345...UTO.DAT. When I tried to get on Note and import from this location, it sees nothing, which I think means these are not Notes files. Which begs me to ask, Where are they?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm assuming you used S-Note to take those. These, unfortunately, are stored in your internal storage, and if you did a factory reset, they're gone. S-Note DOES give you the option when you first open it to sync your notes to either Samsung's S-Cloud or to Evernote's service, but if you disabled that or chose not to (not something I'd recommend), then your notes were not saved to these cloud services. But if you did activate it, your notes are safely stored wherever you chose to sync to, and a simple re-sync of S-Note should bring them back.

As for the BT issue, the culprit is SideSync. Go to the Application Manager, All tab, find SideSync, and force stop the process. You can now use BT and WiFi at the same time. Although this is a cool app to have, it does have this bug with this and some other tablets. If you don't use it at all, you can just disable or uninstall the app (can't remember if it lets you uninstall on the Note 2014 though).

Blackbeagle

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the response. To the first issue, I can't remember how I set up Snote. I'm pretty sure I went with default setting for back up. So whatever that was on the screen, I'm sure I would have done it that way.

For the 2nd issue, I looked under Application Manager/All. I did NOT fine Sidesync. It is listed as something else?

Update: I find that Samsung SideSync 3.0 is NOT installed on my tablet. I went under the Play Store and looked it up and there it was, ready to be installed. But it is NOT on the tablet so now I'm wondering what would be the culprit.

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hummm... Interesting. Well, that was the culprit in my Note 10.1 2014 and when I had the same issue on the Tab S 10.5, I knew where to look. Then maybe try installing SideSync and then force stopping it? Maybe there's a process that it uses and it can trigger/force stop?

If you synced your notes with the default method, that would have been your Samsung account. You should be able to get them back automatically when re-adding your account into S-Note, but if it doesn't, then you can go into S-Notes, select the ALL view, tap the menu button and select IMPORT. There, you can choose to import from Google Drive, your Samsung Account or a local file; select your Samsung Account and if they notes were synced, they'll download back into your device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy