Jumping ship

tomlh

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I have had my Note 2014 for just over a year now and am still very happy with it (especially after Kitkat).
Normally I start looking for a replacement after owning a piece of tech for a year or so, but I have not seen anything better.
Anyone jumping ship for another tablet?
Is there anything better at the moment?

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I have had my Note 2014 for just over a year now and am still very happy with it (especially after Kitkat).
Normally I start looking for a replacement after owning a piece of tech for a year or so, but I have not seen anything better.
Anyone jumping ship for another tablet?
Is there anything better at the moment?

I'm the same way, the one year mode. But I Don't think there is a better tablet. I was hoping Samsung would put out a new Note version, with a 10" screen. But all they are offering is a Note Pro 12", which is too big for me. At this point I would not want anything that did not have s-pen so the new Tab is not for me. I'm staying with my trusty, newly rooted and sooo functional Note

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I've liked my Note 10.1 but I had a realization that the Nexus 7 might have suited my needs just fine. I use it for reading magazines while on the elliptical at the gym, I realized the main one I read has LOTS of white space at the top and right side on some pages, looks like filler on the larger tablet and the text size would be the same on the N7. I bought the 10.1 because I figured I'd want/need the larger screen for that use and this seemed like the best device in that screen size.

My previous device was an Acer A500, lasted 3 years.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Have owned now for about 6 months. Love it. I don't like Samsung not having keyboard /case for it. Found on eBay and hope it's good. I also own the tab 4. Best of both worlds

Posted via the Android Central App

geoffwhite18

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I've been thinking about jumping ship and switching to the surface pro 3 but I'm undecided on windows, and it's kinda pricy. At this point i don't see another tablet on the market that would take the place of the note 10.1.

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Never been a great fan of MS.... Their products were always just "good enough".... Not the polished products the proclaim to be... Maybe with the new management things have changed... Naaah....

Dale

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I received the bluetooth keyboard/case today. I like it alot. Came in a Samsung packaging. It is easyto type on and now I have the convenience of a keyboard when I don't want to use the stylus. If you are wanting a bluetooth keyboard/case definitely need to look on ebay. I can't believe Samsung and Zagg neglect these tablets. More accessories are needed.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I received the bluetooth keyboard/case today. I like it alot. Came in a Samsung packaging. It is easyto type on and now I have the convenience of a keyboard when I don't want to use the stylus. If you are wanting a bluetooth keyboard/case definitely need to look on ebay. I can't believe Samsung and Zagg neglect these tablets. More accessories are needed.

Jude526 when time permits can you post the link from ebay for the keyboard you decided upon or one like it?

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I too have owned my 10.1 for over a year now but have no desire or need to jump ship.

The 10.1 meets my needs at the office because I like taking notes in meetings using my own handwriting, and knowing they are stored electronically in the cloud so I'll never lose them.

In fact, I leave the 10.1 at the office full time.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
My GN/2014 is just a year old this month. I'm not even entertaining the thought of a new tab. I probably haven't tapped into 1/2 (or less) of what this bad boy can do. I love it and love the S-Pen! This time last year I was sneaking it out of it's box (before Christmas) and gazing at it's gorgeous screen, marveling at the sheer power of it all :D Can you tell this was my first tablet? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC