e-mail problem, question.

joedm126

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I just discovered an e-mail issue with both my tablet and my note 3 phone. I don't know how long this has been going but I would think it couldn't be too long. I will mark an email as unread or it will come in unread but not show up as unread in the unread count. As you can see from the below example I have 4 unread emails but it only shows as 2 unread. I am not sure which emails cause the issue nor why. Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshots_2015-01-06-19-14-41.jpg
    Screenshots_2015-01-06-19-14-41.jpg
    488.8 KB · Views: 19

joedm126

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I just tried deleting the e-mail account on my note 3 phone and then reset it up. Now its working, hopefully it doesn't go back to the issue. I will try my tablet tonight.

Tomcat31b

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
While not the same problems as yours, since the update to kit kat hit, the wife and I have also been having problems with the default mail app. If we try opening any folders we've created or the trash it sits refreshing for about two minutes and then shows nothing there, but as soon as we refresh the folder again suddenly the emails appear. It gets annoying as I receive an email daily from my isp if something has been classed as spam and moved to the spam folder but the app doesn't show them when I go to the folder unless I refresh it for a second time. Anyone have any ideas before I bite the bullet and try a factory reset ( which I would like to avoid if posdible)

Posted via Android Central App

Moshe Barash

May 11, 2014
Visit site
While not the same problems as yours, since the update to kit kat hit, the wife and I have also been having problems with the default mail app. If we try opening any folders we've created or the trash it sits refreshing for about two minutes and then shows nothing there, but as soon as we refresh the folder again suddenly the emails appear. It gets annoying as I receive an email daily from my isp if something has been classed as spam and moved to the spam folder but the app doesn't show them when I go to the folder unless I refresh it for a second time. Anyone have any ideas before I bite the bullet and try a factory reset ( which I would like to avoid if posdible)

Try using the gmail app. You can put Google and non Google email addresses on the gmail app.

Tomcat31b

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion but I don't like the Gmail app and how it bunches emails together as conversations especially as I can have emails with different context to differnet people but the same title and Gmail assumes it's all the same conversation. I use it for my voluntary work and have missed important information in the past due to the 'conversations' and unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a way to switch it off.

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I think you can turn off the conversation view from a p.c, or laptop, maybe even the tablet web browser on desktop mode.

I hate conversation view too. But sadly even if you turn it off on the browser version, it does not change it on the app. And there is no setting for it on the app.

Moshe Barash

May 11, 2014
Visit site
You know you might like "Inbox" by Google. It is much more organized, still has conversation view but is much easier to follow. It is essentially email rethought from the ground up.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
How is conversation view different in today app?

I don't know "today" app's format at all....

Maildroid is setup to bcc my main email address on my pc. The conversation settings make it very easy to "file" conversations into their respective folders in my mail client on my pc. As I maybe using my note 10.1 2014 or note 4 (both on imap in maildroid) no messages gets lost or misfiled. And only one setgoesto the msin repository on my pc.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2