Can't save attachments from Gmail?

Fengshuistein

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Hello All,

We bought a Note 10.1 2014 for our youngest daughter for X-mas. Recently, she has been unable to save attachments from Gmail. Specifically, I sent her some background wallpaper pictures from my phone (Galaxy S4) via Gmail, to her Gmail address, and while she can open and view them, she is unable to save them. The "3 dots" option, normally in the upper right-hand corner, is no longer present. Also, pressing the Menu button (to the left of the Home button) doesn't reveal the usual Save option menu, either.

This wasn't the case initially, as she's been able to save pic attachments from Gmail before. Did something change recently, with regards to Gmail & the Note 10.1? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

-Phil

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Can she open one of the pics, so it's showing on the screen? Then the menu key should say save, then save all.

I think it may be related to having multiple pics attached to one email

Hope this helps

Fengshuistein

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Can she open one of the pics, so it's showing on the screen? Then the menu key should say save, then save all.

I think it may be related to having multiple pics attached to one email

Hope this helps

Yes - when the Menu key is pressed, though, no options to Save / Save All appear (in fact, nothing appears).
I'll try sending them one at a time, and see if that does anything - thanks!!

-Phil

Fengshuistein

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE: well, it seemed to have fixed itself - she installed some sort of software update from Samsung, and viola! All things "Gmail-attachment-y" are at peace and harmony. Ah, the mysteries of software.....

Thanks, everyone!

-Phil

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21