Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You'll find out when the rest of us do - when the announcement of the release date is made. No one gets advance notice.

samfan

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
I haven't even received 4.4.4 yet, what's up with that? :( I'll never get lollipop if things move this slowly.I love Samsung's high end tablets and the touchwiz is not so bad(I just use a nova launcher because I like the design better), the bloatware really doesn't bother me.The one thing I don't like is how long it takes to get software updates.Is there anything I can do to get 4.4.4 sooner ?

Moshe Barash

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I haven't even received 4.4.4 yet, what's up with that? :( I'll never get lollipop if things move this slowly.I love Samsung's high end tablets and the touchwiz is not so bad(I just use a nova launcher because I like the design better), the bloatware really doesn't bother me.The one thing I don't like is how long it takes to get software updates.Is there anything I can do to get 4.4.4 sooner ?

The 4.4.4 update is for the most part just for phones because it updates phone exclusive features of KitKat. The way to get the newest os before Samsung releases the update is by rooting your tablet and flashing a custom recovery such as twrp or clockwork mod and then flashing a custom ROM such as nexus experience ROM or a AOSP ROM, you can find those on the XDA developers website. Keep in mind that rooting will void your warranty and could break your tablet if you don't know what you are doing.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I was reading someplace (maybe the other Lollipop thread in this section) that because Samsung has released SO many devices in the last 6-12 months, we may be hung out to dry when it comes to getting 5.0 on our tablets. That goes against any agreement they may have made with Google to provide updates for 18 months after release though.

Just look at all the devices they released late last year, 3-4 new tablets, several phones. Then consider the manpower needed to update EVERYTHING and you realize the "old" stuff, even the stuff that's less than 18 months old, will likely be left out in the cold.

Mergeman#AC

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
i stopped buying cheaper devices because i wanted to have things like accessories available but even more, to have better support and upgrades.
so what do i do? i buy a samsung galaxy note 10.2014 instead of a surface pro 2. both of which were the best competing options for what i wanted in a tablet.

[language removed by Moderator]

I was reading someplace (maybe the other Lollipop thread in this section) that because Samsung has released SO many devices in the last 6-12 months, we may be hung out to dry when it comes to getting 5.0 on our tablets. That goes against any agreement they may have made with Google to provide updates for 18 months after release though.

Just look at all the devices they released late last year, 3-4 new tablets, several phones. Then consider the manpower needed to update EVERYTHING and you realize the "old" stuff, even the stuff that's less than 18 months old, will likely be left out in the cold.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Is it for sure Lollipop... In the general page does it show version 5.X.X.... Or version 4.4.2... Been a big update for 4.4.2 recently....

Dale

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
If anyone has any doubt to what they have as version of OS, Tap Settings > General > About Device and tap "Android Version" about 6 times really fast if you get the big "K" you are still on Kitcat...

Just for giggles tap big "K" screen a few more times...

Dale

anon(2383976)

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Looks like this is not going to happen. There are no indications what so ever. My best and last Samsung tablet probably.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante