I received new Software Update yesterday

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
Yesterday I received a new Software Update. In Kies 3, it reported the following:

Current version: PDA:NK2/CSC:NK2(XAR)
Latest version: PDA:OB1/CSC:OB1(XAR)

So, after the update, my Build number reports as:
KOT49H.P600UEUCOB1

I notice that the last 3 letters are OB1.

My Android Version still reports as 4.2.2

I wish I knew exactly what was updated from NK2 to OB1? Anyone have any ideas?

Additional notes of interest:

The update would fail if I tried to do the update over WiFi (two different locations tried).
The update would fail if I tried to do it through Kies 3 on my Windows 7 Computer with a generic USB Cable.
The update succeeded when using Kies 3 from my Windows 8.1 computer with the original Samsung USB Cable that came with the device.

My device was rooted with SuperSU Pro prior to receiving this update. Now when I go into SuperSU Pro, I get the following message:

There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it.
This is a problem!

If you just upgraded to Android 4.2, you need to manually re-root
-consult the relevant forums for your device!

If anyone can shed any light on the following, pleas do so:

1. Why was I able to upgrade my OS version? I thought that a rooted device would not upgrade.
2. I wonder why a more substantial upgrade was not made available (like to Lollipop)?
3. If I am no longer rooted, as indicated by the SuperSU message mentioned above, I wonder if I should root again or not?
4. I will test for the External SD Card functionality and let you know.

Thanks!

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
4.4.2 is the latest update on the note 10.1 2014.
Only you can decide if you want to re-root. It is easy enough.

You should now have multi user options.

Moshe Barash

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Rooting your tablet makes it not able to update via WiFi(OTA). Updating via kies 3 breaks root access which is probably why Samsung allows rooted devices to update via kies. If you were to update OTA you would be able to retain root access. Most likely Samsung just fixed a few bugs, and updated the Linux kernel, which is why you still are at 4.4.2. Since you updated via kies the SU binary was removed. Sammobile released a list of Samsung devices that will be getting lollipop, according to the list flagship phones going back to the note 2 will be getting lollipop before any tablets get lollipop (if at all). If the tablets are getting lollipop it would be sometime in 2015 probably in a few months or so.

Moshe Barash

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I just flashed the update from sammobile using Odin. I lost root access so I had to re-root my tablet, I also had to reflash twrp. What exactly is new in the update?

iso99

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Just a P600XXUDOC1 update, no info on what has changed8. Maybe just some stability improvements. Still 4.4.2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech