Saving to an SD card

rosede

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I've been searching the forums, and I've read a lot similar complaints about not being able to save to the external SD card.

My wife loves her Samsung Note 2014. She has tons of photos on the tablet. I want to store them on the SD card, not within the tablet itself. I know that Kit Kat disabled the ability to allow the ability to write and move files to the external card. My SG S4 phone has a built in file management app called "My Files" which I can use to move photos and other file around. However, the tablet doesn't have a built in file management app. How can I save photos and other files to the SD card?

Thanks

Daryl

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I had that tablet and it DOES have a File Manager. Just can't recall if it's My Files or File Manager... In any case, you can also connect the tablet to a computer and manage the move from there.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I had that tablet and it DOES have a File Manager. Just can't recall if it's My Files or File Manager... In any case, you can also connect the tablet to a computer and manage the move from there.

It is "My files" look in the Samsung folderin the applications drawer.

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it is My Files, and you can move/copy files from internal storage to extSD card.

Of course that is another benefit of rooting, you can give apps (file mgrs like Astro file or ESfile) permission to allow writing to an extSD card

rosede

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
It is "My files" look in the Samsung folderin the applications drawer.

I've looked in every little nook and cranny looking for the My Files, but I could not find it anywhere. However, I never looked in the Samsung folder. I don't think that I have ever looked in that folder before.

I found the My Files and moved the photos that I wanted to move onto the external SD card.

Thank you for all of your help.

Daryl

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Glad you could find it! I forgot about that pesky little folder. Don't know why they did it like that (I also had trouble the first time haha)

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes drag it to any home screen. Its also available in the multi window but whether i moved it there after root i cannot remember :)

Moshe Barash

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Yes drag it to any home screen. Its also available in the multi window but whether i moved it there after root i cannot remember :)
It is in the multi window by default (without super user access). You can have two instances of the my files app open simultaneously in the multi window which is useful because you can use the drag and drop feature to move files.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton