Help with changing a file ext

A

AC Question

Hi. I've got a samsung note 10.1 2014 and I'M new to it. So pse be patient ☺
I downloaded few films to take on my hols and put them onto a usb stick so to watch on a bigger tv screen.... This is where I've got the prob as the files are mp4 and tv doesnt read them... so think if they were .mpg they wud play on tv.... Question is can you tell me how to do this..? I've looked in settings but see anything that wud help me do this. Thanking you in advance for your help

Mo.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If they're mp4s they're mp4s, they're not mpgs. (The two refer to different things, but that's a different discussion.) You can find file converters on the web (for downloading to run on your computer) and convert them from mp4 to mpg, then put the mpg files on your phone.

But try an mpg file first. If that doesn't work, all your conversion will have been for nothing. Try different video formats (file extensions), until you find one that works, then convert your mp4s to that. (Or find an app that plays mp4s.)

HandBrake: Open Source Video Transcoder is pprobably one of the oldest (and still best) video converters. (Be prepared to give it time, though - transcoding takes a lot of time.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2