Where did the Task Manager go?

staffordjm

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm running 4.4.2 stock on my Note 10.1 (2014).

I used to be able to get a Task Manager by long-pressing the home key and selecting "Task Manager". It would give you a list of running apps that you could easily kill and a RAM Manager tab that if you selected "Cleanup RAM" it would end a lot of background processes. It was a great way to improve responsiveness by stopping unnecessary processes.

Now, for some reason, when I select "Task Manager" it takes me to the "Application manager" settings screen. Where did the old Task Manager go?

Johnie

DeanoD01

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
The progams that launch apps from a button long press, etc are usually configured in your launcher app. So, if you are running the default Touch Wiz launcher, the settings would be there. I use ADW and it has the gesture settings in it. Hope this helps. ;-DeanoD

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Not really sure what your are experiencing, but when I long press home I get the running apps, and a button for task manager, in task manager I get the ram manager
Did you recently change launchers, or make any other changes? I use Nova launcher, but the task manager is not affected, see screen shots

Screenshot_2015-08-21-20-59-54.jpg

Screenshot_2015-08-21-21-00-04.jpg

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Sort of similar question.... I did factory reset and lost the animated icon that showed how many apps were running on main menu page... Guess it was a "indicator" for task manager... Anybody have any ideas?

Dale

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Yes... Thanks just found it myself.... Sometimes I forget about widgets.... As most times they don't do much for me...

Dale