Finding Stock Files

DeanoD

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
After much begging pleading, and tweaking usb drivers, I now have a rooted smp 600. I have also succeeded in installing the proper and current twrp recovery. And I have Temesky's(sp?)latest ROM waiting for flashing. What has me stumped is finding the right stock recovery and ROM for this device. I have collected several good "candidates" for these, but the volumes of differently named files is confusing as hell. I THINK I that I haved found the right files, and then get thrown a curve ball by too many that are just THAT close...I really just need these files as a fallback in the event that the flashing process goes badly. Any info on specific files and or names thereof would be great, especially since I likely have the right ones already d/l'ed. ;-DeanoD

DeanoD

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I've finally found the firmware file, but the only site I can find wants a full month subscription to d/l.
Anyone find the file elsewhere? for vs kot49h p600ueucob1. Thanks. ;D2

DeanoD

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Yep-done that for about two hours - Samsung provides a link to a pay site that wants amonthly fee subscription. But thanks for the insight... ;-Deano

Moshe Barash

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Yep-done that for about two hours - Samsung provides a link to a pay site that wants amonthly fee subscription. But thanks for the insight... ;-Deano
After much begging pleading, and tweaking usb drivers, I now have a rooted smp 600. I have also succeeded in installing the proper and current twrp recovery. And I have Temesky's(sp?)latest ROM waiting for flashing. What has me stumped is finding the right stock recovery and ROM for this device. I have collected several good "candidates" for these, but the volumes of differently named files is confusing as hell. I THINK I that I haved found the right files, and then get thrown a curve ball by too many that are just THAT close...I really just need these files as a fallback in the event that the flashing process goes badly. Any info on specific files and or names thereof would be great, especially since I likely have the right ones already d/l'ed. ;-DeanoD

1. sammobile.com is a great place to get the stock firmware, and it's free of charge!

2. Make sure that the twrp you have is either version 2.6.3.3 or 2.8.6.

DeanoD

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
1. Sammoble is not free. They offer broken d/l's for free. But paid by script otherwise.
2. Twrp 2.8.7 Is this the broken one? Or was it ROM specific?

Last edited:

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
1. Sammoble is not free. They offer broken d/l's for free. But paid by script otherwise.
2. Twrp 2.8.7 Is this the broken one? Or was it ROM specific?

Sammobile offers free downloads and premium subscription which allows much faster download rates. The free files are in no way different from the premium download. I often let a free download run overnight.

DeanoD

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
All the free downloads that I tried, successful or not were corrupted. And 12 bucks+ for faster speed is really steep. I should still be able to flash the older file right from recovery? Thanks for the support.

DeanoD

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Between the slow speeds offered, my mostly dead Windows laptop and my otherwise stellar network service the "free" downloads were a bust. I finally got the files from a site only required a one time fee for the premium d/l rates. It was the price that I was willing to pay for the stock firmware. Too bad that Samsung doesn't provide better options/support. Why offer Odin if they won't let us access these files.
But, I am finally rooted with twrp 2.8.6 Thanks again, guys for the support. ;-DeanoD