Update Android 5.0

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
thanks, any screenshot about new and updated functionalities and design will be great.

2015-10-04 04.04.27.jpgRemaining batt time is displayed

2015-10-04 04.05.20.jpgSmall footprint

2015-10-04 04.06.42.jpg The "quick access" to my files on homescreens

2015-10-04 04.06.59.jpgThe expanded view of my files

2015-10-04 05.17.33.jpg More networks Better management tools

2015-10-04 10.59.37.jpgpinning is available

Will be a while before I root 5.1.1. Tools like Automateit and Package disabler can be used without root giving most of the benefits of rooting.

Last edited:

Moshe Barash

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Moshe, what is broken. The nordic OS is quite well put together.

I was referring to the custom ROM called broken os. It's very stable, the battery life is amazing, and the performance is amazing. My only complaint about it is that custom ROMs are supposed to be buggy and I don't like change. They have it for the p600 aka the it03Wi-Fi. Here's the link: https://plus.google.com/communities/116521990967962635243

sethyboy

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
1hr 22 min at that stage

That seems kind of lame. That seems to be around the battery life I'm getting on 4.4.2, but I've been having battery problems (hardware-related) in general for a long time now, so.

What's the general amount of screen time you get from a full charge to low battery? I can only get 3-5 hours of screen time at most, because of a battery defect. I know Lollipop probably isn't going to fix it, but I'm still looking forward to it as I hope it will fix the other bugs that came with 4.4.2 (like the multitouch bug and muffled audio).

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
That seems kind of lame. That seems to be around the battery life I'm getting on 4.4.2, but I've been having battery problems (hardware-related) in general for a long time now, so.

What's the general amount of screen time cyou get from a full charge to low battery? I can only get 3-5 hours of screen time at most, because of a battery defect. I know Lollipop probably isn't going to fix it, but I'm still looking forward to it as I hope it will fix the other bugs that came with 4.4.2 (like the multitouch bug and muffled audio).

I'm still on the first full charge since flashing. Battery % 73 atm. SOC 1hr56

Finding the same trends as on note 4 if asleep consumption is quite low compared to 4.4.2 or 4.4.4 on the note 4

EchuOkan1

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
So far it runs good on my tablet. It is pretty snappy. I find it much better that the prior 4.4.4.

Posted via the Android Central App

EchuOkan1

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
It will be interesting if TMobile users that have installed the update is if they have any apps installed on a microsd card do they still work. On my wifi tablet I have a lot apps running from the microsd card with no issue. This will be important if/when Samsung rolls out to the Wifi version of our tablet. If it breaks apps a lot of users might not want to update if 5.02 comes to wifi tablet.

My tablet says 5.1.1. The apps run fine from the SD card. This is the second day since the update.

David Askew

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Just got my Note 10.1 today,
(Absolutely shocked, being that everyone at T-Mobile and on their website it appeared to be unavailable and just stumbled upon it today, still shocked👍👍👍)
Anyways, I got the 5.1.1 update this evening and the only problem I've had is that Action Launcher 3 isn't working.
Yes, I added permission but keep getting a pop up that says Action has stopped.
Other than that, hasn't been too much jump out at me.
Don't know if this is new to 5.1.1 or is typical for Note10, but compared to Note4, the Air Command has an extra option of "Pen Window". in which you scribe out an area of screen and can open another app in it.

sethyboy

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Just got my Note 10.1 today,
(Absolutely shocked, being that everyone at T-Mobile and on their website it appeared to be unavailable and just stumbled upon it today, still shocked👍👍👍)
Anyways, I got the 5.1.1 update this evening and the only problem I've had is that Action Launcher 3 isn't working.
Yes, I added permission but keep getting a pop up that says Action has stopped.
Other than that, hasn't been too much jump out at me.
Don't know if this is new to 5.1.1 or is typical for Note10, but compared to Note4, the Air Command has an extra option of "Pen Window". in which you scribe out an area of screen and can open another app in it.

The Pen Window feature has been there since the launch of the tablet in 2013. It was on the Note 3 as well, but it seems they removed it with the Note 4.

sethyboy

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Any word on the update for the P600 in the US ?

I am honestly not even sure at this point. This is ridiculous. This is just like what happened with the original Note 10.1, where a KitKat update was promised, but then they only updated certain models, and left WiFi model (GT-N8013) users stranded on Jelly Bean.

I'm hoping this update comes by the end of the year... but I'm not holding my breath. Though I also feel for those poor Tab Pro users who have been stuck on KitKat since launch.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz