Update Android 5.0

sethyboy

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
It seems this update is only for the SM-P607 (T-Mobile) so far. I'm hoping it will roll out to the other models within the next week or so.

I'd like to hear some feedback on this update though, how it runs, if there are any major bugs, etc.

Raymond Hubbard

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
It will be interesting if TMobile users that have installed the update is if they have any apps installed on a microsd card do they still work. On my wifi tablet I have a lot apps running from the microsd card with no issue. This will be important if/when Samsung rolls out to the Wifi version of our tablet. If it breaks apps a lot of users might not want to update if 5.02 comes to wifi tablet.

Moshe Barash

May 11, 2014
Visit site
It will be interesting if TMobile users that have installed the update is if they have any apps installed on a microsd card do they still work. On my wifi tablet I have a lot apps running from the microsd card with no issue. This will be important if/when Samsung rolls out to the Wifi version of our tablet. If it breaks apps a lot of users might not want to update if 5.02 comes to wifi tablet.

It only breaks some REALLY old apps.

sethyboy

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
According to YouMobile, the update will be rolling out to the other models soon (P600, P601, P605). Also, just to confirm, the update is 5.1.1, and not 5.0.2 like some sites are reporting.

Posted via the Android Central App

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Downloaded and installed the NEE (nordic) version through ODIN. Did a clean install and a factory reset after 1st boot.
Positives: Seems smoother than 4.4.2 (but that may be the fr)
My files stays as an icon on all home screens. Long press opens my magazine
No isp legend in notification bar
Multi user available.
Smart select and image clip added to pen menu
Negatives: None so far. Just need to get rid of my magazine.

kevjey

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi, will this work on a P605 in the UK? And do you have a link to the rom.

Thanks, Kev

Posted via the Android Central App

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Downloaded from youmobile. I have used uk and nordic roms without any issues on vodacom in south Africa. I would guess it should work.

Last edited:

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the quick review. What is the version? What is the smart select?
Will be nice to have screenshots.

Screenshot_2015-10-03-19-55-44.jpgSmart select let's you clip a section from webpages or other documents
If you indicate what you'd like to see I'll post accordingly

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech