Battery issue or something else?

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
My Note 2014 is coming on 2 yrs. Lately I only get about 2 hrs SOT. Standby drains quickly even in airplane mode. The other day I got the red x when charging. I unplugged it, then plugged it back in. I experience battery drain even when the tablet is off. Today I was at 30% and turned it off. About 5 hours later when I turned it on, I was at 19%. About 2 minutes later, I was at 18%. Is this a battery issue?

At&t Note5

dabombcra

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like your chargers isn't working. Try a new chargers. If it is not the chargers or cable, you could have an app issue

Moshe Barash

May 11, 2014
Visit site
My Note 2014 is coming on 2 yrs. Lately I only get about 2 hrs SOT. Standby drains quickly even in airplane mode. The other day I got the red x when charging. I unplugged it, then plugged it back in. I experience battery drain even when the tablet is off. Today I was at 30% and turned it off. About 5 hours later when I turned it on, I was at 19%. About 2 minutes later, I was at 18%. Is this a battery issue?

At&t Note5

The red X can be solved by using a different charging cable, as for the low sot, that's because you're using stock touchwiz. I personally am on a ROM called broken os (the version for our tablet is Android 5.1.1) and I easily get 4-5 hours of sot with regular usage (some gaming, note taking, video watching). The other day I actually got over nine hours of sot when I was just watching Netflix. The screen of time is also great.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
The red X can be solved by using a different charging cable, as for the low sot, that's because you're using stock touchwiz. I personally am on a ROM called broken os (the version for our tablet is Android 5.1.1) and I easily get 4-5 hours of sot with regular usage (some gaming, note taking, video watching). The other day I actually got over nine hours of sot when I was just watching Netflix. The screen of time is also great.

I used to get 8hr sot consistently with both Nova and TW. I'm charging with a different block and cable now, the one for my note 5. I'll see if that changes its behavior tomorrow.

At&t Note5

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

At&t Note5

I was having some of those same issues. I finally did replace the battery. It was a bit of a delicate pita operation, but worked like a charm and my tablet performs like new and I get a good 8 hours from the new battery.

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

At&t Note5

I was having some of those same issues. I finally did replace the battery. It was a bit of a delicate pita operation, but worked like a charm and my tablet performs like new and I get a good 8 hours from the new battery.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

Yes, I read your thread about that. I'll let a pro install it. I don't trust neither I nor my hubby's hands! Happy to know it's an easy fix because this thing is very important.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I read your thread about that. I'll let a pro install it. I don't trust neither I nor my hubby's hands! Happy to know it's an easy fix because this thing is very important.

Posted via the Android Central App

Also depending on where you are located, there might be a Samsung walk in office near you. I'm going to do a write up soon listing the walk in places, what they will do and how much it will cost. You should check with Samsung. I know there is one near LA, one or two in TX, one in Atlanta and might be a couple more.

To give you an idea, a new battery for the Note 5 is about $45.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
For my 10.1 2014, the New Power 99 is $65 on Amazon. On Ebay I found one for $18.98. The seller has great reviews with money back guarantee. Plus there's the eBay protection. To install it will cost $30 with a warranty. Idk of any samsung centers near me.

At&t Note5

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
For my 10.1 2014, the New Power 99 is $65 on Amazon. On Ebay I found one for $18.98. The seller has great reviews with money back guarantee. Plus there's the eBay protection. To install it will cost $30 with a warranty. Idk of any samsung centers near me.

At&t Note5

Closest one to me is about 1.5 hours away, so it would have to be a major thing for me to drive over. Like if it was something I needed that day. If one is close enough, then it can be a good option.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
None in the state of LA. My battery stats show something weird. Screen shot won't post though. It's the regular gray battery pattern, but there's a thin white line that goes vertically through the stats in 2 places. My tablet went crazy for a while today. It wouldn't light up even though it was on. The menu and back lights would flicker but that's it. At the time i had 91%power. Now, about 4 hours later it's back to normal. Gotta get this thing fixed fast.

My square trade warranty is good for another 3 or 4 months. I'll look into that tomorrow.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
None in the state of LA. My battery stats show something weird. Screen shot won't post though. It's the regular gray battery pattern, but there's a thin white line that goes vertically through the stats in 2 places. My tablet went crazy for a while today. It wouldn't light up even though it was on. The menu and back lights would flicker but that's it. At the time i had 91%power. Now, about 4 hours later it's back to normal. Gotta get this thing fixed fast.

My square trade warranty is good for another 3 or 4 months. I'll look into that tomorrow.

Well with Square Trade, they might just send another, right?

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm...idk. Given the choice, I'd rather have my own refurb instead of someone else's. I'll report back after I contact them today.

At&t Note5

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Well if you don't find someone good to take care of it, call Samsung and send it there. The thing about sending it there, they will automatically remove the OS and put on a clean OS install and no one but them can do that. Their prices also aren't bad for many things. Removing that OS and doing a clean, full install (which includes any updates) can fix a lot of issues with phones and tablets. It takes about 5-7 working days usually with them. They can also send you a receipt to get payment from square trade.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Well if you don't find someone good to take care of it, call Samsung and send it there. The thing about sending it there, they will automatically remove the OS and put on a clean OS install and no one but them can do that. Their prices also aren't bad for many things. Removing that OS and doing a clean, full install (which includes any updates) can fix a lot of issues with phones and tablets. It takes about 5-7 working days usually with them. They can also send you a receipt to get payment from square trade.

Thanks for the info. I had no idea.

At&t Note5

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Weirdest thing. The chat agent said this model (SMP600) doesn't have a replaceable battery. Only a factory reset can fix the problem.

At&t Note5

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Weirdest thing. The chat agent said this model (SMP600) doesn't have a replaceable battery. Only a factory reset can fix the problem.

At&t Note5

I had a bad person today at Samsung. I finally had to get to a manager. Did you do a live chat?

You might want to call Samsung Plus and talk to them. (844) 454-5925

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nephalem42