Android 5.1.1 Available NOW in US/NA for SM-P 600 (OTA)

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Yes its there, you have to move it from widget page to menu screen, and it will appear different and it now uses picture backgrounds to simulate weather conditions...

Dale

sethyboy

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Well, after a few days with this update, I'm beginning to notice a couple of issues.

The first one is multitasking. Most of the time, multitasking between apps is fine and dandy, but what I noticed is that if you have multiple tabs open in Chrome, switching between it and another app can cause reloads. I was switching between Chrome (with only 2 tabs open) and Google Docs the other day, and half of the time when I would go back to Chrome, the tabs would reload themselves. It hasn't happened with one tab opened, however. Maybe this was happening before the update and I just noticed this, or it's something Lollipop did, I'm unsure.

But the second issue is, you may remember the touch screen bug from KitKat (where the screen would stop registering at certain times and you had to turn the screen off and on to fix it). Guess what, it's still there in Lollipop, although the good thing is that it's slower to stop registering, and the bug doesn't happen as often as it did before. It's kind of annoying that they didn't pick up that bug, but at least it improved somewhat.

modokislayer

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys. I have this tablet, and ever since downloading the 5.1.1 update, I've had horrible wifi connectivity and all my apps are loading extremely slowly. Before the update I never had any wifi speed issues and screen mirroring and Chrome casting was flawless, now my tablet can no longer use these functions as my speed is far too slow. Is there any type of work-around or fix for this?
I've updated all of my apps. I've forgotten and rediscovered my wifi. I've restarted my tablet several times. I've completely shut it off and turned it back on. I've cleared my cache. Nothing has helped.

sethyboy

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys. I have this tablet, and ever since downloading the 5.1.1 update, I've had horrible wifi connectivity and all my apps are loading extremely slowly. Before the update I never had any wifi speed issues and screen mirroring and Chrome casting was flawless, now my tablet can no longer use these functions as my speed is far too slow. Is there any type of work-around or fix for this?
I've updated all of my apps. I've forgotten and rediscovered my wifi. I've restarted my tablet several times. I've completely shut it off and turned it back on. I've cleared my cache. Nothing has helped.

You've wiped the cache partition from the recovery menu? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-14245

If you tried that and it didn't help, you may have to do a factory reset. Make sure to back up all your important apps and data.

modokislayer

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
You've wiped the cache partition from the recovery menu?
If you tried that and it didn't help, you may have to do a factory reset. Make sure to back up all your important apps and data.

Looks like I'll need to do a factory reset then, as nothing else has fixed the issue. Now I have to figure out how to back up everything and reload it. Thanks for your help.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
First stop should be your Gmail account to backup. That takes care of almost everything. Use helium for the rest. Various cloud storage accounts can store documents backup.

Game's progress can be an issue. The better developed games provide external backup and google "play games" takes care of many games progress if you "share" your progress

Last edited: