Why doesn't Samsung make an equal to the Ipad?

diver110

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
They compete head to head with the Iphone, but clear lag the Ipad. Any reason it is harder with the Ipad? Don't care to compete at the higher end?

diver110

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Maybe I should have said as good as. Almost every independent review I have seen ranks the Ipad clearly above the Samsung. I hate Itunes and would gladly switch, but the Samsung speakers are not as loud as those of my Ipad, and I often listen without headphones. I am not trying to beat up on Samsung, I own a Galaxy, I am just perplexed at the quality difference.

dabombcra

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
The 2014 Note Tablet has two speakers and they are loud. I believe the Pro series also has two speakers. I bought my dad an older Tab and it is loud too

electrocutus1

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Hardware wise, I think Samsung competes very well. In my opinion the problem is with the software. Too many Android apps I use don't even think about tablets. They still only work in portrait mode, and don't take advantage of the screen size. It takes away from the whole experience. When I use good apps like SNote or Office or Evernote, it's a great experience and it is better than the iPad. My wife has an iPad and I have often compared the experience. I have had full pen support and multi-window support for a year and a half before the iPad Pro, and I love it!

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Yeah... Most apps are written for phones though they work on tables, some do it well others do not.... Blame app developers not the hardware.... Hate to find a great app only to find it only works in portrait and my preferred usage is landscape...

Dale

jrisch

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
I think you need to define what you mean by "as good as" and "clearly lags". I would question the impartiality of "independent" reviews.

You've mentioned speaker volume but other responses question that. Personally, listening to music I would always use a speaker or headphones. Mobile devices by their very nature are going to have very small speakers.

But Samsung have had tablets with S-Pens for some time, and the "Pencil" on the iPad Pro looks a poor imitation without a proper dock, requires charging and is an expensive extra. Likewise Samsung have had tablets with multi-window support, beneficial on larger screen devices like tablets. The build quality is pretty good and they are not using proprietary chargers.

I see more and more apps adapting to landscape mode and larger form factors. Google has built in flexibility to Android for differing device formats and its development tools have fragments and and automatic layout selection that mean developers really have no excuse for not catering for differing screen attributes. The Android Studio development system allows you to view your layouts on multiple device configurations concurrently.

TDL1068

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
I would like to see the build quality (aesthetics) get better to match the iPad. My Galaxy note 10.1 2014 is okay, but doesn't come close to iPad level. Other features, such as sound, controls etc are nice, but touchwiz lag, and battery use until the recent update to 5.1 was a drag. A few refinements and I think they could be on par with the iPad. Maybe that's the case with the newer Samsung tablets out today?

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Tab s2 is the same size as the iPad air 2, while thinner and lighter. It has a much better display, starts with twice the storage with expandable, and has all the benefits of android over iOS. Samsung makes a better tablet in my opinion.

Audio wise the majority of mobile devices and I'd include the iPad in this, have very mediocre sound quality. They are tiny speakers incapable of producing a range of audio frequency, even when loud they don't sound good.

Posted via the Android Central App

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Trying electronics at Best Buy is step in wrong direction ... The have been abused in ways you can not imagine....

Dale

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
One has to remember size of speakers is everything.... Its know fact the larger the speaker the better sound quality, the smaller the speaker the poorer sound quality, there is no know technology to make small speakers sound good unless you go to earphones....

Dale

Geodude074

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I recently bought an iPad Mini 4 instead of the Galaxy Tab S2 8.0. Here's the reasons why I picked the iPad:

- Cheaper, $300 vs $350 at Best Buy.
- Epic battery life. I'm easily getting 12-14 hours of SoT.
- No capacitive touch keys. They're located fine on phones, but on tablets in landscape mode they just get in the way constantly.
- Guaranteed updates. The old Tab S 8.4 will be stuck on Lollipop forever. The new S2 8.0 probably won't be upgraded past Marshmallow.
- Safari opens all sites in desktop mode every time. I hate mobile sites, they work terribly on tablets, and opening them up on Android tablets is always a gamble if they're going to be mobile or desktop.
- Better speakers. The iPad Mini 4 probably has THE best speakers on a small tablet that I've ever heard, and I've had a lot of tablets.
- No worries about screen burn in. All the display models of the Tab S2's at Best Buy had burn in.

Now don't get me wrong, I love Android and I'll always be a fan. I actually bought a Tab S 8.4 and used it for a short while before deciding to return it. What Samsung brings to the table is the stunning AMOLED screen that is hands-down the best display on tablets, and could be the deciding factor alone. But at the end of the day everybody has a different use case and they decide what to do with their money. I use my tablet for web browsing 90% of the time, hence why I needed a 4:3 aspect ratio and something that could last me on the couch for days before needing another recharge. And I dare say, the iPad Mini 4 is the best tablet I've ever owned for my particular use case.

Here's a screenshot of my iPad Mini 4 with 8 hr 19 min of SoT and still 40% battery left.
File_000.jpg

dabombcra

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I would like to see the build quality (aesthetics) get better to match the iPad. My Galaxy note 10.1 2014 is okay, but doesn't come close to iPad level. Other features, such as sound, controls etc are nice, but touchwiz lag, and battery use until the recent update to 5.1 was a drag. A few refinements and I think they could be on par with the iPad. Maybe that's the case with the newer Samsung tablets out today?
I had battery issues with the or upgrade. I did a factory reset and my battery life is good. I can go 3 days without a charge with moderate use.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza