Overheating error message, closing all applications (Samsung note tablet). What can I do?

A

AC Question

Overheating error message, closing all applications (Samsung note tablet)

I have a samsung note 10.1 2014 edition (sm p607t) I am going to explain in depth what happened so I might actually be able to find some help!
At first my charging port was not charging, since i was impatient and did not want to wait to fix that, I did something really stupid and tried connecting wires to where the
gold prongs are where the battery connect to the mother board. Really stupid, I know.

That did not work to charge it. Since then I replaced the charging port, and after that when I would turn my tablet on, maybe about ten seconds after it was turned on it would put an error on the screen saying "Your device is overheating, closing all applications. Android will now shut down to prevent damage"

I thought maybe i fried the battery when i connected the wires so i replaced that as well and i am still getting this error message. I cant access anything on the tablet. The frustrating part is that physically, I can tell my tablet is not overheating. My tablet does not actually shut down after the error comes up, it says it will shut down but gives me the option to prevent shutting down. I have done this and it never feels hot. I do not think it is overheating, but i can not get in to any setting to check anything.
-I have factory reset my tablet to try and fix the problem ( using the system boot menu)
-I have wiped the system cache to try and fix it
-Started it in safe mode
-Let the battery drain all the way and try charging it, but it just shows the battery symbol with a temperature warning next to it
-I have taken the SD card out

I have tried basically everything I can think of aside from a new motherboard, which i did not want to have to do cause it is expensive. So I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to fix this problem. Is there any way to prevent the temperature warning from coming up? I was thinking of trying to root it and then finding a way to override the temperature sensor. At this point I feel like it is probably just a sensor that needs to be reset, or something got ruined on the actual motherboard.
-Does anyone know what part of the mother board is related to the temperature of the battery? which part would effect it? Please help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Overheating error message, closing all applications (Samsung note tablet)

Welcome to Android Central! I don't know the technical details, but I would guess that you may have fried some of the circuitry that connects the microUSB port with the battery. That would explain why it still has problems after replacing the port and the battery, and probably also explains why the system thinks it's overheating, since the associated sensors got fried as well. My guess is that this would require a motherboard replacement. But again, I'm not an actual technician familiar with the inner workings of the device. Good luck!

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: Overheating error message, closing all applications (Samsung note tablet)

Welcome to Android Central! I don't know the technical details, but I would guess that you may have fried some of the circuitry that connects the microUSB port with the battery. That would explain why it still has problems after replacing the port and the battery, and probably also explains why the system thinks it's overheating, since the associated sensors got fried as well. My guess is that this would require a motherboard replacement. But again, I'm not an actual technician familiar with the inner workings of the device. Good luck!

This would be my guess also....

Dale

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692