Why can't I capture a screen shot using my S pen anymore?

A

AC Question

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition it just updated from Kit Kat to 5.1.1 Lollipop and now I can't capture a Screenshot, is this fixable?

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
is this fixable?
It might be... depends on what's actually wrong. You might want to give more detail about what's happening.
Do you have Air Command enabled? You do know they changed the Air Command icons/order/capabilities going from KK to 5.1.1. Screen capture is now the second icon on the wheel from the right end (on my P607T).

Jehnice

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Yes my air command is on, and the is a action memo,a smart select, a image clip, a screen write, and a pen window option but no screen shot.

Posted via the Android Central App

w2xq

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
What am I missing? Just hold your hand vertically and swipe (moderate speed) across the screen left to right? Editing tools appear at the upper left. The S pen can be used in concert with several of the options. HTH.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes my air command is on, and the is a action memo,a smart select, a image clip, a screen write, and a pen window option but no screen shot.

Posted via the Android Central App
Screen write is a screen shot. Go into Display settings and enable the option to "Edit after screen capture". After you use the screen write command with your S Pen, the captured screen will open in the editor. All you have to do is save the capture without writing on the screen and it'll be saved to the gallery as a photo.

By the way, the Air Command window never had a "Screen Shot" as one of the options... it was always "Screen write". I'm still on Kitkat.

EDIT>>> Actually, I just checked and found that you don't even have to have the option to edit enabled in Display settings. A second or so after you do a screen write (capture), the editing options show up at the top of the screen where you can save the capture.

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Or you can just hold the pen button and hold the pen to the screen (in that order). In about a second, it'll screenshot.

ecclebrick

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
I have this problem since the OS upgrade on my Galaxy Note 10.1 2014, it worked fine until then, the swipe action works ok, but can be annoying when the page changes with a sideways swipe, and the pen option which lets you select an area of the screen does not allow you to save to the device, other than the scrapbook which is messy so you have to share to dropbox or somewhere else which needs a few actions, perhaps the next update will retun the pen back to normal.

Sorry I just re-read the notes above and see that the AIR COMMANDS have the screen save hidden under SCREEN WRITE, thanks whoever spotted that, it has been very confusing since the upgrade ..