"Transform into" option in S-Note suddenly gone

Itaybm2

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi, just updated my device to the latest 5.1.1 Android version,
and for some peculiar reason, some features in the S-Note app are suddenly gone,
such as the "transform into" option that was extremely useful to me.
Done some googling and saw that the app used to have an extension pack option,
though nothing like that exists now in the app.
Any sort of help would be much appreciated.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That's odd... are you sure you're using the latest S-Notes app? I don't have it on a Note 10.1 but it's still there on 5.1.1 on a Note 5. On my Tab S it's there too, but it's not updated to 5.1.1 yet...I think.
Just select the text or shape and the TRANSFORM button should be there.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm no 5.0.34 on the Note 5... would have to check on the tablet though.

If you select anything in your note, do you get any pop up menu? what shows up under the menu option?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I only get that if I selected a shape or text, but if I select any handwritten traces, I do get the Transform Option. Try clearing S-Note's cache and see if that helps.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Have you disabled/turned off any processes? Check to see if MyScript Resource Manager is turned off. If it is, turn it back on. If it's running, force stop the process, turn it off, and then turn it back on again. S Note needs this to be running in order to give you the "transform" option.

By the way, I'm running Kitkat. Hopefully, they didn't change something in LP.

Itaybm2

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
I don't get it.
Why would they suddenly remove such good features from their app?
I mean, it's so damn useful, which makes this so frustrating.
The only other way to draw a damn line with this app takes you almost 30 seconds.

Itaybm2

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
It seems the only real solution is to roll-back my tablet's OS version to kitkat..
Is there any possible safe way to do this?
I'm familiar with rooting, though would like to refrain from it if possible..
Will performing a factory reset do the trick?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Once the tablet has been updated, restoring to factory will restore to the latest OS update it has...in this case, 5.1.1

I don't see how that update 'killed' the feature though... It seems like an app-dependent thing...

Itaybm2

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
From what I see, the app is part of the OS itself, as there is no way to remove/update/redownload the app from the play store/Galaxy Store.
I also attempted to install an older apk of the app, and it didn't work (said "app not installed").
Is there any stock kitkat rom that you could recommend me of?

takissp

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
you can download a previous version from here: Firmware for Samsung SM-P600 - SamMobile
choose the correct version, the EUR is the one i use.
With odin you can install the selected version in the tablet. be aware that doing that you'll loose the warranty and also the knox. you can search for an alternative to not loose warranty and knox, i had read something in the past but i don't remember where.

Last edited:

Tomcat31b

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Not that is any help but my Note 10.1 updated to version 5.1.1 a couple of weeks ago and I still have the Transform function in Snote. I'm in the UK so you could try downloading the UK rom and installing that

Posted via the Android Central App

takissp

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
What version of snote do you have?

Not that is any help but my Note 10.1 updated to version 5.1.1 a couple of weeks ago and I still have the Transform function in Snote. I'm in the UK so you could try downloading the UK rom and installing that

Tomcat31b

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Here's a screenshot to show it's still there. Still not sure why it won't show for you though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-02-09-22-20-35.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-02-09-22-20-35.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 40