My poor old Note, another issue brewing, random rebooting

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
After my adventure a few weeks ago, of recovery, and eventual factory reset, tablet seems much better overall, but has started a new issue. Random rebooting. I will be in the middle of changing web pages, or google search, or other random, regular activities, and all of a sudden I get the blue circle, around Samsung logo, and it reboots.

Any idea why this is happening, or what I can do to correct it?

Thanks for any thoughts or ideas

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How often does it happen? If it's relatively frequent, see if it persists in Safe Mode--that's always a good place to start.

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
How often does it happen? If it's relatively frequent, see if it persists in Safe Mode--that's always a good place to start.

happens about 1 or 2 times a day, not every day, but roughly every day, and maybe 1 or 2 times.

how do I get to safe mode on it?

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
happens about 1 or 2 times a day, not every day, but roughly every day, and maybe 1 or 2 times.

how do I get to safe mode on it?

You just did a factory reset so I don't think it's a software but hardware issue which is very common in Samsung tablet: cracked battery connector.
Common problems of cracked battery connector: quick discharge, slow charging, auto reboot, auto shutdown, depending on how bad the cracks are.
Running is Safe Mode doesn't help anything to fix hardware issue. I remember that you changed a new battery but it doesn't improve battery life, this's a sign of cracked battery connector. A simple re solder work will fix it permanently.
I am speaking on professional experiences working with Samsung tablets and it's not a guessing opinion.
This is an example of a re soldered battery connector, more solders added to secure the connection

Good Contact.jpg

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
You just did a factory reset so I don't think it's a software but hardware issue which is very common in Samsung tablet: cracked battery connector.
Common problems of cracked battery connector: quick discharge, slow charging, auto reboot, auto shutdown, depending on how bad the cracks are.
Running is Safe Mode doesn't help anything to fix hardware issue. I remember that you changed a new battery but it doesn't improve battery life, this's a sign of cracked battery connector. A simple re solder work will fix it permanently.
I am speaking on professional experiences working with Samsung tablets and it's not a guessing opinion.
This is an example of a re soldered battery connector, more solders added to secure the connection

View attachment 225148

hmm the battery replacement went well, and did increase my battery life. Tho lately it has slipped a bit, but i still do get close to 7 or 8 hours, where the old battery was about 4-5 hours

I tend to agree with you about safe mode, I did try that, but it also did not have all my apps available to even see if it was an errant app.

I guess I will keep an eye on it, and if it gets worse, ask my husband, for help opening it up to check the solders on the connections

As always, thanks for your help, you are a wealth of info!

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Trust me, this kink of crack is not easy seen with many users, even with professionals without knowledge or experiences with Samsung tablets.
I just bought a Samsung Tab Pro 12.2, from a guy doing computer services, for only $160. It cannot turn on or take charge as he said.
I opened the tablet and inspected the battery connector , it looked normal at the first look under microscope, but with a gentle push, the battery connector was moving.
Bingo !!! Problem solved. The re solder work only takes me under 10 minutes, and now I have a look like new Tab Pro 12.2 for only $160 . This tablet is quite new but its battery connector already broke off from the board, so don't expect good battery connector with used or old tablet.

Tab Pro.JPG

Last edited:

ADRz

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
In fact, the only way to cure the problem is to do another reset. After you do this, see if the tablet remains stable and works fine. If it does, then start reloading your apps. If the problem re-appears, then you would need to identify the rogue app that is causing the problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon