And another weird random issue

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
My Note 10.1 2014 has started doing a weird thing upon charging. I have tried various chargers, cables, etc, but there is no pattern to why this happens.

When I am down to about 30 or 40% battery left, sometimes less, sometimes more, I go to plug it in to recharge. Sometimes I get the correct, little black lightening bolt on the battery indicator, and other times (totally randomly it seems) I get the red x on the battery. It still does charge, but perhaps slower. I have tried closing all recent apps, I have tried shut down and restart , I have tried every possible combination of scenarios I can think of, yet, it does what it wants, and sometimes gets the red x, and other times the correct black bolt

Any one else seeing this, and any idea what is causing it, or how to correct?

Also still having occasional "stopped working" errors on various apps, and still having issues with posting on facebook with any browser, with repeating letters, or words.

LOVE the tablet, but its starting to frustrate me... *sigh*

I have gone thru a full reset, and it doesn't seem to change any of these issues

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
If you read other posts related to charging or battery problem, I can tell exactly it comes from the battery connector. Nothing you can do to fix it, just bring it to someone who knows how to solder, not necessarily knows how to repair a tablet, to resolder the battery connector.
I bought more than 10 of this Note 2014 with similar problem like yours, fixed them successfully, so trust me, this is not a guessing suggestion you might get from others who not actually know how to fix a Samsung tablet's hardware problem. If you don't consider it's a professional advice, then just ignore it and follow other suggestions and I believe it will lead you to nowhere.

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
my husband is skilled at solder and related things. He builds rc airplanes. He also did change the battery in my tablet months ago, and the new battery did give me better life, but with these new problems I may have to have him open it up again and check these connectors. I think you or someone here posted a video of how to do this, can you repost that if so,

Thanks

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
You can remove the back cover, disconnect battery and re solder the connector from the top.
It will fix your problem common seen in this tablet.
From this video, use a guitar pick or credit card to remove the rear cover, no need to remove the battery, just pry the cable to discconect from the battery connector.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7PP4tCJGAQ
Solder should be added as much as possible to secure the connector like this

n4umdq75qd8s7786g.jpg
The original has a very weak solder joints, that's reason the connector tend to be cracked due to the flexible LCD which the mainboard sit on it.

hl6g1cawv7zic4f6g.jpg

Battery connector should be reworked for every Samsung tablets as I see this problem is very common from 8 inches, 10.1 and 12.2 inches tablets. I do this rework for every Samsung tablets I
bought, especially 10.1 and 12.2 tablets, then I have never seen any problem of quick discharge, or slow charging battery.

Ipads don't have this problem because battery cables sit on top of the mainboard to make contact and secured with two screws.

Last edited:

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
You seem very knowledgable and experienced with this. I will definitely get my husband to open up the tablet and try to find these connectors to solder. Its hard to see from the pics what we are looking for, but maybe once opened it will be clearer.

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome