when will Samsung release a new Note tablet

anon(8627824)

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I love my GN 10.1, but man is it getting old. I am also starting to see a few dead pixels. Is there anything in the works? Even if they just did a newer version of the same thing... meaning a 2017 Galaxy Note tablet or Note Pro tablet.

sure why not

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Well, they just did at MWC.

My 10.1 2014 has a crack in the corner of the screen and the battery life is falling off.
Not sure if I want a new Note or one of the new Galaxy Book Windows (MS Surface) competitors.

ADRz

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I love my GN 10.1, but man is it getting old. I am also starting to see a few dead pixels. Is there anything in the works? Even if they just did a newer version of the same thing... meaning a 2017 Galaxy Note tablet or Note Pro tablet.

The released one in MWC. It is not called a Galaxy Note XX.X but a Galaxy S3. It has a screen diameter of 9.7 inches, but the aspect ratio is 4:3, so the screen is tad bigger than in the Galaxy Note 10.1. It has an excellent and upgraded S-Pen with very high touch sensitivity; the pen, however, is larger and it is not housed within the tablet. The tablet also has a dedicated keyboard attachment. I would guess that pricing would be close to $500.

anon(8627824)

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I think Samsung is trying to make this more of a convertible / crossover device... where are the Note 10.1 was squarely a tablet. If they'd make this in the 12 to 13 in range with a magnetic keyboard like a Surface or HP... I think it would be a winner. Right now, it just seems like it is not quite right for a tablet and not quite enough for a notebook crossover.

sure why not

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I think Samsung is trying to make this more of a convertible / crossover device... where are the Note 10.1 was squarely a tablet. If they'd make this in the 12 to 13 in range with a magnetic keyboard like a Surface or HP... I think it would be a winner. Right now, it just seems like it is not quite right for a tablet and not quite enough for a notebook crossover.

They went with an iPad form factor on the Tab S3 but retained all the Spen goodness (except for stowage)
Like it or not this IS the next gen "Note" tablet.

What you want to look at is the new Galaxy Book convertibles.
They are Windows based, coming in 10 & 12" varieties with a keyboard and Spen.

Samsung is definitely swinging at the Surface Pro.
The AMOLED screen on the 12" is gorgeous!

srayjacobs

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I just got this one on Ebay and I love it. But a new model would be nice . I had the 12.2 , but It was to big for what I want.

Last edited:

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Probably never.

The budget Tab A line up has an S Pen variant, and the flagship Tab S series added S Pen support with the Tab S3. They make chromebooks with the pen, and they just announced 2 new Windows 10 tablets with the S Pen.

It would be foolish to launch another device just to use the Note name again.

Solitary Wolf

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
Tab S3 is probably your best bet for a new S-pen supported tablet that falls under a flagship status. Otherwise, Tab A 10.1 WITH S-Pen is the other, cheaper alternative.