Does S Note Print? Evernote?

robcassman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I am a psychotherapist and would love to use this for session notes. Does the S Note app allow for printing? Secondly, is there any Evernote integration?

doomtuba

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The device lets you print to Samsung printers. My HP has internet printing set up, however, so I can still print with it. As for evernote integration the best I've been able to do is export s-note notes to evernote as jpg files.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up the Note 10.1 tonight, I can let you know if it does as soon as I can test it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I just tried it and i have to say, it wasn't that hard if you have the same setup as i do. Not sure if you have something similar, but just saying.

I opened s note and just freehanded a word with the s pen to have something to test. You should set the background in s note to white as you will eventually use less ink if you print regularly.

What i did then was export the note. S note then saves the note as a .jpg or a .pdf, your choice. The document will then reside in a folder called, of all things, S Note Export. The way i found the file was to browse to it through the folder "my files" and opened a few sub folders until i found it. Not really hard to find, due to the name. You can make a shortcut of the folder on the desktop if needed.

Depending on what format you saved it as, clicking on the file may give you options for an app to open the file. I chose to save as a .pdf, so it gave me the option of opening the file in adobe reader or polaris office. I chose adobe reader as it is a native app for the file format.

Once the file was open, i tapped on the share button in the upper toolbar and clicked on the hp eprint app that i have installed on the note. It printed to my printer without a hitch.

The hp app is for their eprint enabled printers, so if you have one, that is half of the battle. The apps name is "HP ePrint Home & Biz". When you first load the app, they will need an email address to send you a verification email to activate the app.

That is how i accomplish printing on my Note and my Galaxy SIII. The HP app works on both of them.

As for evernote, i don't see any interaction between evernote and S Note. I could be missing it, but it doesn,t appear to be any direct linkage of the two.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
There is an app called PrinterShare that allows you to print from the Note to any WiFi printer. I have 2 HP wireless printers in my home and works perfectly with both. The only Android tablets that integrate notes with Evernote are the HTC Flyer, EVO View and the HTC Jetstream. You can certainly import SPen notes into Evernote, or since you get 50GB of Dropbox service for 2 years free yiu could save the SPen notes there. There are many other inking and note apps available in the Play Store that allow for PDF conversion from the app. I would also recommend an app called Adobe PDF Creator. Allows you to convert anything into a PDF. You will get Microsoft Word and Powerpoint annotating built in and can use EZPDF or Adobe Reader to annotate PDF's. You will be amazed at how much serious work you can get done with the Note. There will be a keyboard dock coming out soon that will give some more laptop functionality. Just make sure you get the 32GB version for enough storage for work files.

Reactions: robcassman

robcassman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I just tried it and i have to say, it wasn't that hard if you have the same setup as i do. Not sure if you have something similar, but just saying.

I opened s note and just freehanded a word with the s pen to have something to test. You should set the background in s note to white as you will eventually use less ink if you print regularly.

What i did then was export the note. S note then saves the note as a .jpg or a .pdf, your choice. The document will then reside in a folder called, of all things, S Note Export. The way i found the file was to browse to it through the folder "my files" and opened a few sub folders until i found it. Not really hard to find, due to the name. You can make a shortcut of the folder on the desktop if needed.

Depending on what format you saved it as, clicking on the file may give you options for an app to open the file. I chose to save as a .pdf, so it gave me the option of opening the file in adobe reader or polaris office. I chose adobe reader as it is a native app for the file format.

Once the file was open, i tapped on the share button in the upper toolbar and clicked on the hp eprint app that i have installed on the note. It printed to my printer without a hitch.

The hp app is for their eprint enabled printers, so if you have one, that is half of the battle. The apps name is "HP ePrint Home & Biz". When you first load the app, they will need an email address to send you a verification email to activate the app.

That is how i accomplish printing on my Note and my Galaxy S3. The HP app works on both of them.

As for evernote, i don't see any interaction between evernote and S Note. I could be missing it, but it doesn,t appear to be any direct linkage of the two.

Thanks. For $500 there couldn't be an easier way to do a simple function such as "print"?

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I am a psychotherapist and would love to use this for session notes. Does the S Note app allow for printing? Secondly, is there any Evernote integration?

I have the original Galaxy Note and bought a Canon wifi printer that said it would work with android phones. It didn't. After uninstalling the Canon app, I used an app called PrinterShare that let's you pick a driver to match your printer. After that, I could print notes, documents, everthing, just fine. I know it's a different Note but hopefully it might help.

Reactions: robcassman

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I just picked up the Note 10.1 tonight, I can let you know if it does as soon as I can test it.

By your tagline, I see you also have a Galaxy Note like mine. Can you please tell me if the 10.1's S pen works on the original Galaxy Note (5.3) ? I'd also love it if you could share how the tablet compares to the 5.3 and if there's a way to sync the two so that memo's and notes can go back and forth between the two. I dearly love my galaxy note and use it as a mini-computer when I'm away from my desktop. As I read all the threads here I'm really tempted to get a 10.1. Thanks for any information!

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I do have both, but my wife is using the 5.3 as her mini tablet. She has an iPhone, but likes the S Pen on the 5.3.

I did see a way to transfer files, or sync them, in a video on Samsung's website, but they did it so quick that I never really paid attention too much. I usually just email a file to myself that way I can pick it up at numerous locations no matter what, whether on a PC, the tablet, phone or wherever I can get email at. That works for me, but probably not for everyone.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site

That is how i accomplish printing on my Note and my Galaxy S3. The HP app works on both of them.

You don't have to go through all that to upload the note to Evernote. Simply open the note, click the menu button all the way at the top right hand corner (the one that looks like 3 lines) and select "Share via". It will ask you to check off the pages you want to share, either check the "Select all" check box or select the pages you want to share only. Click "Done" and select the format you want it in. Once it exports the note it will then present you with a menu of programs to share it through, if you have the Evernote app installed, you will see that as one of the options. After you select that, name your note and click done. When you go into Evernote you will see the name of the note you named it and it will have that S-Note as an attachment to it.

It's basically the same thing as outlined before but it saves you from having to export it, save it then go through the file manager to find it, opening the file then selecting the share button.

Reactions: Nimocone

Nimocone

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
By your tagline, I see you also have a Galaxy Note like mine. Can you please tell me if the 10.1's S pen works on the original Galaxy Note (5.3) ? I'd also love it if you could share how the tablet compares to the 5.3 and if there's a way to sync the two so that memo's and notes can go back and forth between the two. I dearly love my galaxy note and use it as a mini-computer when I'm away from my desktop. As I read all the threads here I'm really tempted to get a 10.1. Thanks for any information!

Yes, the pen works on the Note with all the features of the smaller pen. I like the thickness of the tablet's pen and use it more than the one that came with the phone. I read somewhere that since this tablet doesn't have NFC, you can't transfer files between the 2, which greatly surprises me.

Edit: Looks like you can transfer files if you use wifi direct, like used in this post: http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-10-1/202743-note-10-1-amazing.html

Last edited:

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Does the S Note app allow for printing? Secondly, is there any Evernote integration?

Some of this has been answered already, but...

I just opened a note in S-Note, then did Share via, selected the first page ('cause no need to select multiple for this test), selected JPG format, then, in the list of apps to choose from to Share to, I chose my printer app. In my case, that's the Epson iPrint app (free from Google Play - works with many Epson printers, including the old WorkForce 600 that I have - supposedly, I can even scan stuff directly into my tablet, too, but haven't tried that yet). The image opened up in iPrint and I tapped Print. The note promptly came chugging out of my printer. Sweet!

You can also do Share via and choose Evernote (if you have the Evernote app installed). That is a pretty simple integration. It just opens a new Evernote note and attaches the shared note to it (in whatever format you chose - JPG, PDF, SDB, Text Only, etc.). You can edit the Evernote note right on the spot, including setting the name and what notebook you want it to be saved in. Then tap Done and it's now saved in Evernote.

An uber cool thing I discovered yesterday is that I can save handwritten notes (i.e. NOT using the writing-to-text feature of S-Note) into Evernote, then open Evernote on my PC and search the notes and it will find stuff that I hand wrote. In other words, Evernote is doing writing-to-text by scanning the image embedded in the Evernote note. TOO COOL!!

I have many thoughts on the handwritten note subject, along with Evernote integration, so I am going to start another thread specifically about that.

Tiejoe

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Managed to export s note to pdf file. However, when I open and print the pdf file it waste a lot of space due to handwriting size. Is there a way to shrink the handwriting notes so you can fit more on the page?

ilgal

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
If, instead of using Export as described in another response, you choose Share Via...you can select JPG, PDF, Text only or SNB (native S Note extension) and after you choose your file type, select Evernote. A new Evernote opens with the file attached, ready for your to title, create new note, tag, file in particular notebooks, etc. Works quite seamlessly and is easier than going the Export route. (Edit...oops - I see you already discovered this. Pretty cool, eh?)

I would also really like to know about Evernote integration. If it has that, I'll go buy one tomorrow.

llanom

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Lots of really good persuasive discussion here on S Note integration with Evernote. Any one having any luck with MS OneNote?

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Sadly, nothing the Note has qualifies as Evernote integration, to me. Integration would mean that I could create a note in S-Note and have it show up in Evernote as a native note - not a note with an attachment. Then I could edit it in Evernote. Then when I go back into S-Note, I could see the note - with my edits that I did in Evernote - and edit it further in S-Note. Also, I would be able to start a new note in Evernote and see it and edit it in S-Note.

In other words, I want to have one note-taking platform that lets me create and edit my notes on any of my devices, with my changes automatically synced to all my other devices. AND, lets me use the S-pen for handwriting and drawing, when I'm editing a note on my GNote 10.1.

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I quit using OneNote due to no Spen support, otherwise it works well on all of my devices and laptop:

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

siti Ibrahim

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Can the size and font of the note be changed when we want to print it? I exported the note as pdf and print it, it come out with a very large font size that fill a whole page with just few sentences.thanks.

Marasri

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Re Font size on exported Text/PDF documents.

The font size is what ever you choose - on a Note 2 hold the pen on the "T"(ext) icon in the S note app. This open the dialog box for ink colour, and font/font size etc. The trouble is that if you choose a font size suitable for printing on an A4 page eg 12 then you will have tiny text on the Note 2 screen. Better to select something that looks nice on the Note 2 eg font size 20+ then if you are going to export change the font size to something right for an A4 page (via selecting all and choosing the appropriate font size again from the T icon) then do the export.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000