Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Global Posts
    2,340 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by StuartV View Post
    Do you have it in the case upside down? My Belkin Tri-fold has a hole for the S-pen.
    Same here, have no issues with pulling the pen out of the existing hole.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Default Re: Note 10.1 accessories?

Oh my.. I'm glad you guys posted about the cutout in the Belkin case -- indeed in the beginning, I had the Note in the case upside down, and didn't see the cutout for the pen. About a day ago, I re-positioned the tab in the case and now see the hole there. HA!

And in case anyone actually thinks Belkin just changed the name on the case packaging -- not possible. The Note is wider than the Tab 2 10.1, and thus would not fit in that case .

Hi there can anyone tell me whether the Note would read from an external hard drive.? It would be great if it did, I would get rid of my horrible Dell netbook.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

If it will read from a thumb drive, and you get the USB adaptor, and I can't see a reason why not.

Sent From My Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

Excuse my ignorance but what's a thumb drive?

Have you ever tried connecting your tablet to an external hard drive?

Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    ROM
    Team XRON; Sense or Aosp

A thumb drive is a flash drive and i imagine it would work for a portable harddrive that has its own power supply **** i do not have the cable to try..

Thanks I'll check with an IT friend of mine.

Thumb drive equals memory stick. The adaptor makes it possible to use a USB cable to connect to another device via its USB port. I have not tried it on a tablet but I saw the Note 10.1 connected to a memory stick via the Samsung USB adaptor in a review video in which they were able to connect a game controller to play GTA.

I have connected both a USB flash drive and a USB keyboard and mouse - and both worked fine.
    Loren

Quote Originally Posted by tricia.dawn.williams View Post
    Excuse my ignorance but what's a thumb drive?

Have you ever tried connecting your tablet to an external hard drive?

I'm glad you asked this. And I'd like to add another question because I'm new to android and oblivious to much that is possible, whether files are on a flash drive or an external hard drive, wouldn't they be in windows format and would any android be able to read that? Thanks for asking about this Tricia!

The external drive will work if the format is FAT, FAT32, or exFAT.
    It will not work with NTFS.
    All of which Windows 7 supports.
    Loren

To be clear though....I am disappointed that there are very few Apps that can be installed to, or keep data, on the built in sd card. Samsung decided not to include the "move apply to sd card" feature from what I can find.

Not sure what you have on an external drive, but I use Dropnox for everything and only external hdd for infrequently accessed files.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantar6 View Post
    To be clear though....I am disappointed that there are very few Apps that can be installed to, or keep data, on the built in sd card. Samsung decided not to include the "move apply to sd card" feature from what I can find.

Not sure what you have on an external drive, but I use Dropnox for everything and only external hdd for infrequently accessed files.
    Don't blame Samsung - Google has not included that since Honeycomb.
    To the newer Android OS's the SD card is just additional memory to add onto the existing device memory.
    Loren

Global Posts
    979 Global Posts

I had the same issue with my Note phone. Best buy put a zagg protector on it because i was supposed to get a free minor accessory for the device. I got the note home and started playing with the s pen. Couldn't have been more than a minute or two before i pulled it off. I was pressing the s pen into the zagg so hard just to get the note to respond that i was leaving lines in the zagg.

Won't do that again.

As for gorilla glass or not, i believe in a video made for the note tab, it is mentioned that it is gorilla glass. I can't check their webpage right now, but it may say on the device's specification page.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post
    Don't blame Samsung - Google has not included that since Honeycomb.
    To the newer Android OS's the SD card is just additional memory to add onto the existing device memory.
    Interesting, my razr Maxx with ICS has the functionality? Go into settings/Alps and there is a big button "move to sd card'

i Blason case ordered from Amazon arrived this afternoon. Excellent fit and very slim. Very pleased. Particularly with the price of $17 +$5 shipping.

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

Got a pic?

Tk

Global Posts
    547 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ram3 View Post
    i Blason case ordered from Amazon arrived this afternoon. Excellent fit and very slim. Very pleased. Particularly with the price of $17 +$5 shipping.
    Pic?

~Jae, Tap'n on my White Samsung Galaxy S3~
    ~Jae~

Global Posts
    2,340 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Station2 View Post
    Got a pic?
    Tk
    Quote Originally Posted by LadiJae View Post
    Pic?
    to the Note 10.1 section on their web site.

And a link to them on Amazon

I also have the Samsung USB adaptor, Samsung HDMI adaptor, Samsung travel charger and a 32 GB PNY micro sdxc Class 10 card.

21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #46  

Quote Originally Posted by atlantar6 View Post
    Interesting, my razr Maxx with ICS has the functionality? Go into settings/Alps and there is a big button "move to sd card'
    This is only available in the phone versions of the OS and has been this way since honeycomb .

I have successfully used USB flash drives with the note and a usb adapter as well. I haven't tried an external drive, but most of those that I'd have would probably be formatted NTFS, so it would be pointless.

Has anyone heard anything at all about a release date for the promised official keyboard dock for this thing? I'm getting tired of waiting...

I just got the I-Blason Folio Stand Case from Amazon and it's as close to perfect as you're going to get. Fit for the pen,hard but leather, and clips to close, no band like the Others. Love it. Don' t even want the Samsung now.

Global Posts
    979 Global Posts

The move to sd option is missing from my Galaxy S3 on ICS also. Maybe it is just on Motorola devices because of their lack of app memory.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

I just ordered these two packages for the same price as the Cheapest case Best Buy had to offer ($37.69):
    Amazon.com: CrazyOnDigital Black Stand Leather Case with Charger and Screen Protector For Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 N8010 N8013 Tablet (6-item): Electronics

Amazon.com: Samsung galaxy tablet 10.1 usb sd card connector adapter reader kit cover: Computers & Accessories

Thanks for the advice J Highnote on the case, got the black one. Just hope it shows up ontime.
    I'd bet Cory's Right Arm on that!

Quote Originally Posted by trailblazen View Post
    I just ordered these two packages for the same price as the Cheapest case Best Buy had to offer ($37.69):
    Amazon.com: CrazyOnDigital Black Stand Leather Case with Charger and Screen Protector For Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 N8010 N8013 Tablet (6-item): Electronics

Amazon.com: Samsung galaxy tablet 10.1 usb sd card connector adapter reader kit cover: Computers & Accessories

Thanks for the advice J Highnote on the case, got the black one. Just hope it shows up ontime.
    It took 10 days for mine. Will that be 'on time'??? And it might not hurt to email the vendor and let him know you'd like it in a week if possible or something like that. When I emailed, I got an auto response first and the next day a very nice personal response. He gave me this web address with better tracking than our wonderful United States Post Service! Keep track with this, same tracking number as in your confirmation:
    I hope you love it and it comes by the time you need it! I think it's worth the wait, in fact I may buy a second one just to keep as a spare in case I do something stupid like spill coffee all over this beautiful suede interior or something!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast