Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Allergic to Stupid

Global Posts
    683 Global Posts

Default Re: 64 GB micro sd card?

If you have the OTA that came out last week, but is no longer available.

I got my 64 gig card today. I put it in my Note and immediately got a notification that my SD card is now safe to remove. When I would go into Settings / Storage and choose Mount SD Card, it would say the same thing again.

I put the SD in my Rezound, did an Erase SD, then put it back in the Note and it immediately showed up as the correct size. It is now being loaded with all 5000+ tracks in my iTunes library.

I don't actually know what file system my Rezound formatted it to. How can I tell (without taking it out and putting it in my laptop)?

good quality and full, Micro SD

It would appear that the US version does not support that format. Otherwise, my GS3 64 GB sdxc card should have worked. When I inserted it in my laptop, the format was exFat.

Sent From My Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

Both the US and Intl version work fine after the update. I have a 64gb in both. If you are having problems you either have a corrupt card or might want to try formatting it in another Android device before putting it in you tab.

I posted an screenshot of my 64 GB SDXC in my Note 10.1 - it does work.

64 GB micro sd card?
    Loren

Quote Originally Posted by auntieamy View Post
    Yes, I have this card and I was able to get it to work, but you HAVE to format it on your computer to fat32 in order for the card to mount.

First, I put the card fresh out of the package into the Note 10.1 and it said "preparing the SD card", but it never actually mounted the card, thus I couldn't format it properly in the device. I have this same card in my Galaxy S3 and all I had to do was put it into the phone and it worked immediately ... of course I went ahead and reformatted the card using the phone because it's always best to format it in the device. Anyway, I put the new card into my phone and formatted it with the phone and then tried it in the Note 10.1. By default, the Samsung S3 formats it to exfat. Again, the Note 10.1 didn't mount the card. I even called SamsungTech Support and we repeated everything, even resetting the device. Finally I read off all details of the card and the tech told me that the tablet cannot use a 64GB card - that when they say up to 64GB, they mean the TOTAL storage (internal + external) is 64GB, so I figured I was out of luck and would now have a 64GB card that I couldn't use.

I decided to look around the web again - I couldn't have been the only one that thought that it would take a 64GB card. I finally found the answer: I formatted it to fat32 on my PC (Win7-64) using the fat32 program that I downloaded here: http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/guiformat.exe

It formatted quickly and when I put it in the Note 10.1, it mounted and read the correct memory size. So yes, this 64GB card does seem to work. I have not yet confirmed that it will actually hold the full capacity of the card - it will take a while to copy that much data to the card to test it, but it does appear to be OK at this point.

BTW, the card is now listed on Amazon for $49 when supplied by Amazon (you have to check the additional listings on the card to get the one direct from Amazon), but it looks like it may be backordered.
    This worked SUPERBLY! I googled a few other solutions, but none were as simple as this one! Thanks for sharing!
    Thanked by 2:

I signed up for just this fix ..and that was worth it .. 4 hours of pain in the neck solved in 5 minutes .. read the text, clicked the link (ok, pain have to sign up) clicked the link above and format the card .. so simple .. Thanks HeyBeerMan TX !!

I did above. Very simple, and it worked...kind of. My note will only recognise The card as having 32GB. Its frustrating. Any ideas?
    Thanked by:

If you install the recent update, you will then be able to install the 64 GB card.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

Settings/About Device/Software Update.

chabii chaux likes this.

You're a life saver. This has been driving me batty.

Again thank you very much

If you have installed the most recent update, mounting a 64GB micro sdxc card should be no issue. I have one each in both my Note 10.1 and GS3.

Hello,
    The link you provided does not work.
    I formatted my SDXC card using SD formatter 3.1 app into exFat successfully but this even did not solve my problem.
    Whenever I try to mount my SD card in my 10.1, I get "SD card safe to remove" message.
    Moreover, I tried to search for an update to my 10.1 but I am getting no updates available.
    I am really stuck here!
    Please help!

Hello,
    I formatted my SDXC card using SD formatter 3.1 app into exFat successfully but this even did not solve my problem.
    Whenever I try to mount my SD card in my 10.1, I get "SD card safe to remove" message.
    Moreover, I tried to search for an update to my 10.1 but I am getting no updates available.
    I am really stuck here!
    Please help!

Hi lorenn,
    I am not getting much luck in formatting my 64 gb micro sd card for Samsung tablet 10.1, as the tablet picks up the card but does not see the storage, perhaps you can put in detail instruction on how to format please. Thanks

Hey beermantx,
    It worked, many thanks
    It can see 60gb of 64gb, no probs ,I'm happy

Quote Originally Posted by Mohamed Hasna View Post
    Hello,
    Please help!
    auntieamy's solution said to format to FAT32, not EXFAT. Hope that helps.

I just ordered a 16gb note 10.1
    I want to order a 64 gig card but I don't know how to differentiate the types. There is a type 4 and type 10 right? Are there any other differences and how do I make sure I get a type 10 card?

it supports 64GB. if the card is formated to fat32. It quite possibly read as only a 32gb card. (this was what some of the xda guys were seing). Once we get jelly bean, you can get a 64GB SDXC card are format it to ex-fat. which is lets you chose file sizes greater than 4GB

Fantastic result, worked in seconds, thanks Guys 59.46 gb available on the card! No more puzzling should I send the card back.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

You can only go from 16GB to a 32GB or from a 32GB TO a 64.
    Cannot go more than one (1) step up from onboard storage.

Hi everyone.
    First, Im quit new around here and would like to introduce myself. Im from a small country un the middle of Europe and Im desperately tryingas to get to work my note10.1 with an 64gb card.

So strait to my problem. I have bought several Android devices for me and my girlfriend for Xmas. To be exact 2x galaxy note 10.1 16gb wifi and a galaxy note 2 and 3 64GB kingston cards. My problem is that I cant get one of the note 10.1 to recognize the card as 64gb. I have formated the cards with different tools with no succes. I put the card in my Note2 and it recognize it without any problem, I can format it and do whatever I want. The same with the white note 10.1. But the grey one still gives me the "you can safely remove your card" message. It recognize only cards formated to 27g or less.

I have no updates availabe at the moment on the notes.

Can anybody help me with this problem?
    thank you for any kind of advice.

It has been a a while but I think there was an update that was pushed out that would allow the use of a 64GB micro sdxc card.

Hi JCP007 and thank you for your answer.

Yes, I went through this thread and I saw that an update was mentioned, but is there any way how to obtain that update? My device can not see any updates in the softwear update section.

Or should the Jelly Bean solve this problem once it will be available for us?

Thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by speeedy82 View Post
    Hi JCP007 and thank you for your answer.

Yes, I went through this thread and I saw that an update was mentioned, but is there any way how to obtain that update? My device can not see any updates in the softwear update section.

Or should the Jelly Bean solve this problem once it will be available for us?

Thanks a lot
    Jelly Bean will likely solve it.
    I got the update a day before they took it down - but there are lots of ways to format the 64 GB.
    I did it before the update with my old Samsung Captivate (running ICS). Also Windows 7 can format to exFat will also work.
    Loren
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast