Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By gyroslice
  • 1 Post By Tayman52
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Default PDF Editor

Does the 10.1 note have a native PDF editor? I currently use EzPDF on my galaxy note. I was hoping for something a little streamlined. I've read several reviews and haven't seen anyone mention editing a PDF.

Default Re: PDF Editor

Native editor? Nope. It does have Polaris Office that can view them (as far as I can tell). You'll most likely need to spend a few bucks to get a proper app. ezPDF seems to be the go-to, but not sure what else is out there. A quick search brought up a decently reviewed app called RepliGo Reader.

I figured out a way to draw on pdf files. You import the pdf file into S note. I tried it with the tablet manual and it took a while because it is 150 plus pages. When you open it you have all the drawing/writing tools. This tablet is just super!!
    P.S. this works on the Galaxy Note 5.3 phone too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PDF Editor-screenshot_2012-08-19-10-35-11.jpg  
    Last edited by J HighNote; 08-19-2012 at 10:01 AM. Reason: added the P.S.
    Thanked by 2:

I use Repligo Reader PDF. It's a $1.99 from the play store but its awesome and it works well with the Note and the s-pen. It will allow you to precisley highlight words, make notes, book tab, draw and save it all withim the PDF and keeping it as a PDF.

SNote offers more inking options and a better UI than both EZPDF and Repligo Reader in my opinion and I have used both. If you are a college student you can also import your PDFs into the Kno app and annotate them there. I would recommend an app called Adobe PDF Creater which will convert any doc into a PDF.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Importing them into S Note is exactly what I was looking for. There are some pdfs that I have that protected and can't be edited with Ezpdf. Importing them into S note seems to remove this restriction. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gyroslice View Post
    Importing them into S Note is exactly what I was looking for. There are some pdfs that I have that protected and can't be edited with Ezpdf. Importing them into S note seems to remove this restriction. Thanks.
    You're welcome! Also, I figured out a way to take notes from pdf files you may find useful too. If you have the Snote on one half of your screen and using polaris office or the web on the other. Do a screen capture by holding down the button on the Spen and do a tap and hold. Once it does the screen capture, up at the top left there's a lasso shape and a rectangle. Pick one and a blueish shadow of the shape will show up on the screen captured page. You can move it to the area you want to copy and resize it. Then just hold onto it for a second and it will move, and you just slide it across the screen to the S note. I think it's a great way to collect information, or in my case going through kitchen sites and keeping ideas I want to remember. It beats going through all my bookmarks. I think Samsung's really done a super job with the 10.1.

Also, if you haven't seen it, check iAnnotate PDF, whichshhips on the GN 10.1. It highlights and does notes well with the s-pen.

The native S Note app is great for handwriting. You can import PDF's, but it's not the best app. Works ok for letter size documents. It doesn't work well for landscape or large formats.

I just downloaded EZ PDF Reader. It's faster than S Note. It loads large format (large drawings) and landscape format documents. There's a good range of annotation tools. It recognizes the S pen.

Quickly double tap near an annotation to bring up a menu that includes Delete as an option. This serves to erase mark ups.
    Last edited by 35fan; 09-16-2012 at 09:24 AM.

I use EZ PDF Reader Pro for annotating & SignMyPad Pro for having clients sign pdf's. I like EZ pdf pro's tool for marking upa doc.... But SignMyPad is better for having clients sign docs inthe field.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
    35fan likes this.

I just got mine today and thought y'all might b able to help me. I have a large manual over 1000 pgs n PDF that I need to read, study, highlight and take notes. My question is will the s pen recall what pages I highlighted n took notes on? Or do I have to keep a running list? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gyroslice View Post
    Does the 10.1 note have a native PDF editor? I currently use EzPDF on my galaxy note. I was hoping for something a little streamlined. I've read several reviews and haven't seen anyone mention editing a PDF.
    I may be a little biased, but I would recommend our app, Xodo.

I'll just copy and paste directly from our Google Play store:

Xodo is the ultimate cross-platform PDF viewer and annotator. And it’s 100% free.

Powerful, fast, and optimized for all phones and tablets, Xodo’s mobile app makes it easy to work with even the most complex PDF documents. You can:

- View & Navigate
    - Annotate & Comment
    - Sign & Fill Forms
    - Sync with Dropbox & Share
    - Organize & Manage Documents

Real-time PDF Collaboration (NEW) | Take your PDF beyond the app with Xodo Connect and collaborate with clients, colleagues, or classmates in real-time from any web browser. Work from any device, mobile or desktop - no signups or installs required.