anyone know how to transfer things between Notes?

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I read in a review and on Samsung's promotion site for the Galaxy Note 10.1 that there is supposed to be a way to transfer S notes between the Note Tablet 10.1 and the Note phone. I figured out how to transfer S Notes back and forth between the two (my phone and tablet) using bluetooth but it was rather cumbersome. I have a feeling there might be a way to sync such things but I haven't run across any settings or options. Yet, the first time I turned on the Tablet, I hadn't done much but the screen kept darkening so I found the settings for the display brightness and also checked out the wallpaper. That darn Tablet had the pictures in it from my Note phone! It had only been turned on for maybe five minutes! I didn't even have the phone on. Later, I found that one folder from one of the browsers I had on my Note phone had also been imported without me doing anything. It seems to try to sync naturally but I'd really like the notes/memos to go back and forth. If anyone has learned about syncing between the two, I'd REALLY appreciate learning how to do it! Thanks!

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Lol. When, or if, you get the answer to this question please let us know.

Sent from my Note 10.1 using Android Central Forums

Loren

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Worked for me.
Using Share via -> S Note file (.smb) -> W-Fi Direct -- on both my phone and tablet.
It would be nice if it were fewer steps - you have allow the transfer -- but it works.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Worked for me.
Using Share via -> S Note file (.smb) -> W-Fi Direct -- on both my phone and tablet.
It would be nice if it were fewer steps - you have allow the transfer -- but it works.

Yeah, thanks for laying that out so nicely. I tried that. It did work but took about as many steps as using bluetooth. I still bet there's an easier way. I can't believe the tablet picked up pictures and bookmarks all on it's own without having other sync capabilities. Some day one of us will stumble upon something and it'll seem like magic and we'll all wonder why we didn't find it earlier. I think emailing notes to myself to pick up on the other device might be easier. If you find any magic buttons or settings, please let me know!

davidsnoodles

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
NFC would've been way easier. Samsung was in cahoots with NFC before, but yet they left it out of their latest iteration of a Galaxy tablet. Why? Who knows. Maybe the Wacom digitizer for the S Pen? That's probably it, seeing that's the reason why they didn't put a higher resolution screen in this thing.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
NFC would've been way easier. Samsung was in cahoots with NFC before, but yet they left it out of their latest iteration of a Galaxy tablet. Why? Who knows. Maybe the Wacom digitizer for the S Pen? That's probably it, seeing that's the reason why they didn't put a higher resolution screen in this thing.

I don't know about NFC but it was mentioned in a British review who also said syncing notes was easy. I will feel a bit cheated if we don't have the capability to sync notes after all. It's bad enough they also get to use it as a phone with the purchase a phone and data plan! I keep trying things like Drop Box, and Google Docs but I don't think they're the right thing. It would be so nice if Samsung would not only mention features but also say how to do them!

shawngormley

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
After a few tests, I have found a simple solution for now.

I have the Note 2 and the Note 10.1. I want to use Snote on both and sync. If you (in the Snote app) click sync and sync with google docs it will let me sync a new Snote to my other device. If I go on device 2 and "edit" the Snote and hit sync then the "edit(s)" go away and I have my original.

So..........I can sync both devices with new Snotes.

If I edit a Snote then after saving I "rename" the Snote file then sync to google docs and sync on other device. There are two copies but it works.

Hope this makes sense and helps.

RJSheffer

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
The easiest way to transfer items between Notes. (And other Android devices with Bluetooth) is to:
First, for both devices, turn Bluetooth on. And get into bluetooth settings.
Second, pair them together by making them 'visible' or 'discoverable' and then following instructions.
Third, If the app has Bluetooth as one of the options for sharing, choose it. A list of paired devices should pop up. Choose the phone or tablet to which you a want to move the item. You should get a message telling you that it's being sent and the tab or phone to which you're sending it may ask if you want to accept it. With my note 2 and Note 10.1 I was surprised how often sharing via bluetooth was an option. After trying it between the Notes, I moved some pictures from a DroidX2 to the Note 10.1. I think we forget how powerful Bluetooth technology can be. :D Hope this helps.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar