Heads up on Belkin case for Note 10.1

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I just came back from Bestbuy and they had a few Belkin cases made for the Note 10.1 and I am here to say to you all, stay away from them. Although they are made well there is one HUGE over sight they made. The case holds the Note 10.1 by way of clips, one on each corner of the tablet. This is great and all to make the case thinner and hold it securely BUT...they forgot the notch on the bottom right corner for the S-Pen. So in order to use the S-Pen you will have to unsnap the bottom of the tab from the case to get to the pen each time. It seems that they re-used the Tab 2 10.1 case and just slapped the "For Galaxy Note 10.1" sticker on it.

There was a Samsung rep there and they said that they will have the official case on sale on their website by the end of this month and they are trying to get it in stores at the same time or at least early September.

Reactions: J HighNote

gyroslice

May 13, 2010
Visit site
My Belkin trifold has an opening for the s pen as well. The case overall is kind of flimsy though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
This is the one i was looking at: Belkin - Trifold Folio Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - Black - F8M457ttC00

I just realized something looking at the pictures that I couldn't see with it all packed up, the outer edge where the flap opens to the left is where the top of the Note goes, I could not see where the bottom of the tab goes which is at the spine of the case. I thought it went the other way around (bottom of the tablet near opening and top of tablet at the spine of the case). If you guys say that it has an opening on the correct end, I'm going back to pick one up because I hate walking around with my Note with no protection.

Reactions: DAS

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
That case looks pretty sweet. Is the little kickstand pretty sturdy? I'm getting my Note 10.1 this week and am contemplating a case.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
That case looks pretty sweet. Is the little kickstand pretty sturdy? I'm getting my Note 10.1 this week and am contemplating a case.

I went back and bought the case from bestbuy and indeed it does have the cutout for the s-pen. I later found out that the person at bestbuy who told me it did not have a cut out was actually a rep from Samsung and not a bestbuy employee.

Anyway, the stand is pretty sturdy. theh have two models, the tri fold and the cinema fold. I got the tri fold one for a number of reasons, one it was cheaper. Two, it was the better one for typing the way the cover fold under it.

EDIT: just an fyi. If you get the tri fold one just be aware that when you fold the cover under it for typing, the camera and the light sensor will be at the bottom. If you have your screen brightness set to auto, its going to drive you insane because as you type and your hand goes over the light sensor, the screen will dim and when your hand moves away from the sensor it will, go bright. After a few times of the screen dimming and going bright as you type, you'll turn the auto brightness off in a heart beat...at least I did.

Last edited:

doomtuba

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm waiting for the official Samsung cases to come out to see how they are. In the meantime I'm keeping it safe in a netbook sleeve during travel.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
This is the one i was looking at: Belkin - Trifold Folio Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - Black - F8M457ttC00

I just realized something looking at the pictures that I couldn't see with it all packed up, the outer edge where the flap opens to the left is where the top of the Note goes, I could not see where the bottom of the tab goes which is at the spine of the case. I thought it went the other way around (bottom of the tablet near opening and top of tablet at the spine of the case). If you guys say that it has an opening on the correct end, I'm going back to pick one up because I hate walking around with my Note with no protection.

Thanks for the heads up on this case. I purchased a cheap case at Walmart for a generic 10.1 tablet, but it's too bulky for my liking. This one looks really thin and seems to add little bulk. I see they are in stock at my local Best Buy in Texas and I will swing by after work and give it a try.

I buy and return a lot of stuff at Best Buy (gadget junkies tend to do that), so if this doesn't work out for me I hope I have not crossed my return item threshold.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up on this case. I purchased a cheap case at Walmart for a generic 10.1 tablet, but it's too bulky for my liking. This one looks really thin and seems to add little bulk. I see they are in stock at my local Best Buy in Texas and I will swing by after work and give it a try.

I buy and return a lot of stuff at Best Buy (gadget junkies tend to do that), so if this doesn't work out for me I hope I have not crossed my return item threshold.

Glad I'm not the only one who does that. It you are a silver rewards member, they give you 60 days for returns now. I keep the majority of stuff, but I'm not going to keep a 500.00 tablet (or whatever) if I don't like it. And I think I just talked myself into going to get one today.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site

I actually like this case. The opening is there for the S-Pen just as everyone corrected me on. The only thing I do not like (and it's not just this case but all cases that use it) is the elastic band to keep it closed. Other than that, I love using it for typing, watching a movie, reading, etc. It does add some bulk but nothing crazy.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I actually like this case. The opening is there for the S-Pen just as everyone corrected me on. The only thing I do not like (and it's not just this case but all cases that use it) is the elastic band to keep it closed. Other than that, I love using it for typing, watching a movie, reading, etc. It does add some bulk but nothing crazy.

If your case can be modified, you might consider changing the elastic to a velcro strap, or a ribbon of some type with velcro attached to it. I modified the case for my 5.3 to get rid of a magnet and it worked really well. I used the softer loop part for the area I would touch most often and the hook part on the strap. I used medium duty adhesive backed velcro squares and cut them to fit onto the leather strap. I open it a LOT every day and the adhesive shows no sign of losing it's strength.

xeroslash

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm waiting for the official Samsung cases to come out to see how they are. In the meantime I'm keeping it safe in a netbook sleeve during travel.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I'm waiting for official stuff too before making a decision. I'm still using the box to keep it safe during travel to and from work :p

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I bought one of these also, and like it for what it is, a way to keep the device from getting dinged while in my bag.

I know official Samsung accessories can take what seems like forever to hit our shores, so I think of this case as a temporary solution. $30 is not a lot to protect my $500 tablet from some minor incidents.

I did have a neoprene sleeve that was a generic for 10 inch tablets, but it did't work so well, as the neoprene was tight enough to depress the power button on numerous occasions leaving me with a low battery late in the day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I agree. I would love to find a cover for my Note that is as thin, yet protective, as the HP cover for my TouchPad. But, until then, this Belkin tri-fold is worth the $40. And if I get something better in 30 days, this Belkin cover will be going back to Best Buy....

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I got this case for my Note 10.1 32GB that will hopefully arrive by Wednesday. I am really hoping for a Defender case for it.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III Handheld Device

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power