Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Galaxy Note 10.1: Not charging?

[BOX]How do you do this "The suggestion of changing around the pins of the brick adapter
    into the power socket "? [/BOX]

That wording confused me for a while, too. They mean unplug your charger (brick adapter) from the wall and turn the plug over, so the prongs (pins) are in opposite holes in the socket.

" How do you do this "The suggestion of changing around the pins of the brick adapter
    into the power socket "?"

"wording confused me for a while, too. They mean unplug your charger (brick adapter) from the wall and turn the plug over, so the prongs (pins) are in opposite holes in the socket."
    Actually, I believe the meaning is to remove the localised AC adaptor by sliding it out, then plug in an AC radio power cord with a figure 8 plug.
    The result will effectively give you an AC extension cord without the bulk.Galaxy Note 10.1: Not charging?-20160820_185911.jpg

After much testing of a variety of AC and 12VDC adapters, it appears that some Samsung tablets require a proprietary charger or adapter similar to Apple.
    All AC adapters I tested gave the red crossed charge icon unless they were Samsung of 2A output capacity.
    All 12VDC adapters I tested gave the red crossed charge icon regardless off output capacity (2A & 3A included.
    Adding USB extensions did not cause the red cross in any combination, including extra thin cables, with 5 different cables strung together in series. Total length of over 3m still works fine with the correct 2A adapters.
    BUT, adding a dongle supplied by Targus gets rid if the red cross for all scenarios!
    This came in the "Laptop Car Charger + Phone/Tablet Charge", model # APD046AU
    The Targus website actually mentions "iPad or tablet", so should be good for all.
    Edit: as I do not own any Apple gear nor plan to, no Apple adapters could be tested
    Galaxy Note 10.1: Not charging?-20160822_185159.jpg
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12