Screen protector

scotthadkins

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone found a good screen protector yet. One that does not interfere with the digatizer. I'm looking for something not textured, as close to the naturnal glass feel as possible. My wife put a Zagg one on hers and she feels like it interferes with her writting.

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I will be getting Ghost Armor on mine as soon as I decide absolutely for sure that I'm keeping it. I have/have had GA on my current phone, previous phone, and iPod.

I just tried my Note Stylus on my phone screen (which has GA on it) and it actually felt like it glides a little easier on the GA than on the bare Note screen.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I will be getting Ghost Armor on mine as soon as I decide absolutely for sure that I'm keeping it. I have/have had GA on my current phone, previous phone, and iPod.

I just tried my Note Stylus on my phone screen (which has GA on it) and it actually felt like it glides a little easier on the GA than on the bare Note screen.

I've been looking at screen protectors. I just looked up the Ghost Armor. Do you have a recommendation as far as the finish is concerned? And I didn't see our Note tablet listed, do you know if the Galaxy Tab 10.1 will fit our's?

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
For a screen, you definitely want Glossy, not Matte. For the back and sides, I like the Matte the best. It's a little more expensive ($5 on the phone-sized devices I've gotten it on), but worth it to me.

I don't know if they have a kit for the Note yet. The screen protector from a 10.1 would probably work just fine. But a kit for the edges, sides, and back probably won't because of the placement of the speakers on the Note.

I always take my devices to a kiosk at the Mall down the street and buy my GA from them and they install it for me. If they don't have a specific kit for the Note, I'm sure they'll find at least a screen protector for a Tab 10.1 or something else that will fit it - at least for now.

Reactions: J HighNote

scotthadkins

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
It was one of the Zagg ones, and I found it to be a pain. It wanted to keep folding on itself and I ended up having my wife help me put it down. And even though it used the liquid to put it down it was hard to position and get the bubbles out.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
It was one of the Zagg ones, and I found it to be a pain. It wanted to keep folding on itself and I ended up having my wife help me put it down. And even though it used the liquid to put it down it was hard to position and get the bubbles out.

When I was at Best Buy on Friday I impulsively bought the Zagg screen protector and a salesman installed it. He had told me to wait a day to use it. Tonight I find that the S-pen doesn't register in a lot of areas unless I drag it pretty hard. What's been your experience with the Zagg? I'd like to take mine off but I don't know if I can and still return it for a refund without them seeing how it's cut down on the S-pen function! I'm really curious if you have the same problem or if it's just mine.

scotthadkins

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Its on my wife's but she said she notices a difference ,but she said she will live with it for a bit. For now I've left mine naked. I figure I'm careful and it has gorilla glass, plus its in a case when not in use. I could never use the Zagg one myself though, too much drag.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Just to update re: the Zagg screen protector. Best Buy said I can remove it and still get the refund. However, I can't get a refund for the installation regardless because it was a service. So that's a 15 dollar lesson I wish I had missed!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
If we all send a note to OB, we can get them to produce a Defender case. The Defender case on my Playbook had a non-adhesive one that did not affect the capacitive screen functionality.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III Handheld Device

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22