Device Synchronization???

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
If I want to synchronize my GS3 calendar with my Note 10.1 when it arrives, is there a way to do it? Sorry if this is a newb question but I am still learning my way around Android devices having just transitioned to phones in June with the GS3 and transitioning from the Playbook to the Note 10.1.

gyroslice

May 13, 2010
Visit site
If your calendar is saved within your Google account it will sync automatically when you log into your account on the note.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
If not, what then? How do you like your Note 10.1? Did you get the 16 or 32 GB? I ordered the 32 GB version which will hopefully be here by this Wednesday at the latest.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
If not, what then? How do you like your Note 10.1? Did you get the 16 or 32 GB? I ordered the 32 GB version which will hopefully be here by this Wednesday at the latest.

Actually, there is no "if not." That is how Google works. Once you set up your Google account the calendar entries will sync across devices as long as you save the calendar entries to Google. The same is true for your contacts. If you save all contacts to your Google account then they will automatically sync across devices when you sign in using that same account.

Btw, I absolutely believe the Note 10.1 is the most productive and amazing device available today. You will enjoy it immensely. I purchased the 16gb gray from Best Buy. Now, I'm only waiting on the OEM book cover case.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

chrisss8541

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just purchased the note 10.1 and i have the s3 phone. I am unable to synch my calender on my phone with my tablet. I have my google account listed in options on both yet they do not show up when i try to synch. Do i have to use a specific app or am i doing something wrong? I am a beginner with android and computers in general. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

gyroslice

May 13, 2010
Visit site
thank you for searching for your topic and not creating a new thread. double check to make sure that your the calendar on your s3 is your google calendar (do the same thing on your note 10.1). if they are your google calendar go into the accounts tab within the settings and make sure the calendar is set to sync. if all this is done it should just be a matter of time before everything syncs up.

Eugene Thomas

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
The calendar on my GS3 is different than the calendar on my Note 10.1 I've tried to synch it 3 times. I've logged out and back in I cannot get the calendar info that's on my phone to synch with the tablet

ilgal

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
When you add new events to either, make sure you add them to the Gmail calendar, NOT to the "My calendar" (which is the default for new appointments until you change it). I finally figured this out and now my two calendars (GS3 and Note 10.1) sync flawlessly.

To check, start a new appointment, and at the very top, where it says "Calendar", pull down that arrow and choose your gmail calendar. Do the same for your other device. Sync again and see if that straightens it out.

mrcpuhead

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I just got a second android device (an RCA 7" tablet) with android jellybean 4.2.2. I have an S3 phone with v4.3. Is there a way to sync the apps on my phone to the new tablet? For music, photos, and videos I'm assuming using the USB with a desktop is the easiest way to do the sync.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11