Excel signature.

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Picked up the 10.1 note yesterday at BB and so far so good. The main reason I picked it up is to sign my documents each week that is required by work, OK so it's only 2 sheets but being a field tech and having to find a place to print them, sign and email back is a pain. So far I can't figure out how to sign on an Excel doc.

atlantar6

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
That's a good question. You can only import .jpg and .pdf files into SNote and write on them, and Polaris Office does not seem to support handwriting input.

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the tips.Gyroslice worked fine except difficult to get orientation set correctly and looks blurry when printed. I think the Note 10.1 will take off and developers will start to include the writing part into their apps.

I did find Docusign Ink app and set it up and works great.

Reactions: StuartV

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the tips.Gyroslice worked fine except difficult to get orientation set correctly and looks blurry when printed. I think the Note 10.1 will take off and developers will start to include the writing part into their apps.

I did find Docusign Ink app and set it up and works great.

I didn't realize the excel compatible software worked differently and wouldn't share as a pdf. I'm glad you brought it up and found a solution!

gyroslice

May 13, 2010
Visit site
EzPDF works well. I like the way it creates a copy to make notions on and each mark that is made on the document is saved in a list. My only problem with EzPDF is that it won't always share the annotations. They'll be saved and can be viewed within the app but when you share it only the unmarked PDF is shared.

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
What does that do for you?

Once setup with an account and signature saved, it allows me to open various documents and paste my signature on the document and email it out. It will also save that signed doc in your folder on the Docsign ink website. Has apps for both Android and Ipad.

Reactions: StuartV

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Cool! And you are able to do that with your Excel spreadsheet?

You can pick where it actually places the signature on the page?

Can you control the sizing of the signature to make it bigger or smaller?

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Docusign looks really cool! I've got a big stack of papers on my desk that are all from me having to print, sign, scan, and email. This app would have saved me doing any of that!

Thanks, gottria!

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Docusign looks really cool! I've got a big stack of papers on my desk that are all from me having to print, sign, scan, and email. This app would have saved me doing any of that!

Thanks, gottria!

Not a problem. I found out about it from my tax people and used it to sign my taxes. Now with my note I use camscanner to take pictures of my expenses and convert them to PDF and use Ink to sign my time sheet, all mobile.

xxINFIDELxx

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Been looking at getting the Note 10.1 but recently saw a fellow co-worker using a app on his iPad called Routzy. It's the only reason I am also considering a iPad. He had all the proposal forms, contracts ( in fillable PDF's) and presentation videos we use for sales while out in the field, they give me a lap top and it's too awkward during in home sales if you don't have somewhere to set up and work. Would love to have this app on Android or something equal to it.Routzy - Mobile CRM and Sales App for the iPad

gronimo21

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Look for a app called sign my pad go on your home computer get on word make ur file save it as a pdf and you can sign and date right on here

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

gronimo21

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Here is What sign MY pad lookS Like

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348170398767.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348170398767.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 22
  • uploadfromtaptalk1348170422577.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348170422577.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 23
  • uploadfromtaptalk1348170435500.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348170435500.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 24

pinch55

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm also thinking of getting this to take notes and fill out. doc files along with getting signature. My question is are these apps and the different functions available offline?

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Generally speaking, yes. I think all the stock apps work just fine while offline. But, I suppose it's possible you could get an app from the Play store for note-taking or whatever that requires an Internet connection.

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
If you are looking for a note app. Evernote is perfect. My favorite part is you can share notebooks with other people and as you are taking a notes they receive the updates of you meet g progress via your synchronization of you notes. I so if you set it up to sync your notes every 5min. They are almost sitting in in the meeting with you.

Aside from that I am very happy with to see that the note10.1 can work so well with PDFs. I am really contemplating getting one for work, but am still on the fence.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

pinch55

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
The note I ordered from BB should be in tomorrow. mine is mostly for work and for me to draw ,very poorly, stick figures drinking beer next to their dogs, also very poorly done.
I ordered the 32 so I should have plenty of room for" work" files. I just need the write to type done on doc files offline. That would make me happy.

Sent from my awesome Nexus 7

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12