Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Book Cover?

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
StuartV: You can't see them in the photos, but there are little rubber feet underneath to keep the case secure on a surface. This is my third book cover case from Samsung. I had one when I owned the original Tab 10.1, and the Tab 7.0. There are other cases that do a good job, but the OEM case works the best in my opinion.

The only downside to this case is that there is no camera opening. But to be honest with you I have never used my tablet to take pictures, but for some that may be an issue. Of course, one could make the cut out yourself.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

No camera opening? That seems like a glaring omission to me. Or, is that something I should watch for when I'm buying a case? I assumed they would come with all the ports, speakers, camera lens, etc. openings., especially from the manufacturer!

xeroslash

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
the book cover has camera holes

Indeed. As shown in barskin's pics. No chance Samsung would make it otherwise. It just wouldn't make sense.

39077d1348947605-samsung-galaxy-note-10-1-book-cover-back.jpg

Boom. Camera holes.

Last edited:

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
No camera opening? That seems like a glaring omission to me. Or, is that something I should watch for when I'm buying a case? I assumed they would come with all the ports, speakers, camera lens, etc. openings., especially from the manufacturer!

OOPS, I NEED SLEEP! How did I miss that, even to the point of posting a negative comment? Sorry Samsung! It's reviews like the one I gave that impact a persons view on a product or service. Sorry folks the cut outs for the camera and flash are there.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Of course there are holes for the Camera and flash; the back mimics the back of the Note itself in design. But, not only that, look at the front:

slit.jpg

Do you see at the top, there is a rubberized slit opening, that is right below the hole on the edge for the headphone jack. That way, if you have a headphone plugged on, it slides right through when you open up the cover. They think of everything.

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
The issue with camera holes is that, if you open the cover and fold it around to the back, THEN the camera is covered up. Not a dealbreaker to me.

I finally got home today and got to start using mine. And the thing that I like the least is that it does not stand up on its own. Despite what was posted above. The first thing I tried was standing mine up on my desk in portrait model. It does have rubber pads on the bottom edge. But, the top of my desk is glass and the Note basically just slides right down. On a surface where the rubber can get some traction, it should stand up okay, but definitely not what I would consider as very stable. I imagine, for example, trying to use it on an airplane tray table to watch a movie would be an exercise in frustration.

OTOH, I love how thin it is and how it feels. And the fact that the way it attaches should allow me to charge it in the dock I got without having to take the cover off the Note.

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
The issue with camera holes is that, if you open the cover and fold it around to the back, THEN the camera is covered up. Not a dealbreaker to me.
I finally got home today and got to start using mine. And the thing that I like the least is that it does not stand up on its own. Despite what was posted above. The first thing I tried was standing mine up on my desk in portrait model. It does have rubber pads on the bottom edge. But, the top of my desk is glass and the Note basically just slides right down. On a surface where the rubber can get some traction, it should stand up okay, but definitely not what I would consider as very stable. I imagine, for example, trying to use it on an airplane tray table to watch a movie would be an exercise in frustration.

OTOH, I love how thin it is and how it feels. And the fact that the way it attaches should allow me to charge it in the dock I got without having to take the cover off the Note.
It better not be a deal breaker. LOL - The same thing can be said about every case made for every tablet on the market.
I do not have the problem with it standing up like you do, but, no, it is not like a Targus easel case.

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Ha ha! Yeah, I don't think it's a dealbreaker. But, I'm actually still contemplating how much I might still use my Exact case that I got when I first got the Note. It gives way more protection. And will prop the Note up at 2 different angles - reliably. :) We'll see. In reality, I'll probably just leave it in the Samsung cover. After an evening and a morning more with it, I *really* like how thin it is and how the whole tablet feels in my hand with it on. And I like that the cover hinges on the top, when in Portrait mode, instead of the bottom like the Exact case (and all the other cases I've seen).

I have now confirmed that it does fit in my charging dock with the Samsung cover on. Sweet!

IMAG0474.jpg

IMAG0476.jpg

I'll post a separate thread about the dock, with more pics.

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
What is that charging dock? Is it the one for a regular Galaxy Tab. I'd like one.

---------- Post Merged at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:16 PM ----------

Looks good! I need to get my white case purchased asap!

~Jae, Tap'n on my White Samsung Galaxy S3 ~
Ahhh, it's always satisfying to encourage someone else to waste her hard earned money!

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
I got two from BLT today. They are better than anything out there. I have the OEM desktop dock and you can dock with he case. It does stand two different ways. The lower setting uses a magnet that is built in to the case. Super slim and offers great protection. Order from BLT. Even though it shows backorder I had mine in two days. There are camera holes and you can charge with the cover closed. Great design, just don't understand why Samsung takes so long to release accessories.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
It's definitely a nice case, the problem I have is I'm looking for a Back cover for my Note. I already have My Moko Slim Fit Folio case which works fine as a stand and covers the front, and is also slim. I just hate having to fold back the front cover to hold the Note in One hand. I'm ordering another Silicone TPU case I found on the Xda Site, my last Silicone case didn't cover the Note too well around the edges, so I returned it. Hoping this new one covers it much better, at least from the pictures it looks like it does. If My Folio case doesn't last, I will definitely look into this case though, because it's sharp! The shopBLT price is good, but otherwise I wouldn't spend that much for the Samsung Case at other places.

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I got two from BLT today. They are better than anything out there. I have the OEM desktop dock and you can dock with he case. It does stand two different ways. The lower setting uses a magnet that is built in to the case. Super slim and offers great protection. Order from BLT. Even though it shows backorder I had mine in two days. There are camera holes and you can charge with the cover closed. Great design, just don't understand why Samsung takes so long to release accessories.
Are you talking about this dock?
ShopBLT.com: Samsung Desktop Dock For Galaxy Tab 10.1in!

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
It does stand two different ways. The lower setting uses a magnet that is built in to the case.

Thanks for posting that! Until you said that, I had not realized there is a magnet in the middle of the back! Sweet!

---------- Post Merged at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:00 PM ----------

I believe that one is for the original Galaxy Tab and the Note is a little too wide to fit in it. I believe you would need this one for the Note.

http://www.shopblt.com/item/samsung-edd-d100begxar-universal-desk-dock/samdrv_eddd100begxar.html

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
@sledgie: If you're talking to me, yes, it is. I was responding to barskin, who was responding to techgeek32 - who was not talking about the dock I got.

sledgie#AC

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
That dock which has what appears to be a mini usb port in that picture - "_______ battery dock", where did you get it ? It almost looks like it says Fuldobia Battery Dock...
The reason I ask is because BarryH over at xda had mentioned that dock, the universal if im not mistaken, can scratch the back. He has the 8000 series, with data connectivity, and im not sure if its thicker, but I wouldnt want to scratch this marvelous piece of technology.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay