Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Book Cover?

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I purchased this one today from Best Buy just until my other one I ordered get to me!!

Belkin - Cinema Folio Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - Black

6329804_sa.jpg;canvasHeight=500;canvasWidth=500

6329804cv1a.jpg;canvasHeight=500;canvasWidth=500

Last edited:

socal

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
It's designed to fold on the bottom, but from what I can tell you could easily mount it upside down. This will block the stylus port though. Not an issue for me, as I have a Samsung HM5100 BT S Pen Headset that is so much nicer than the thin stylus docked in the Note itself. Click the link and you will see several pictures in many positions. Also, when mine arrives I'll post a few pictures. Due about 12/10/2012...

1. Looking forward to seeing your comments on it.
2. Did you really buy a $135 Bluetooth S Pen? Is it worth it?

Simplifly

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
1. Looking forward to seeing your comments on it.
2. Did you really buy a $135 Bluetooth S Pen? Is it worth it?

1) It should arrive today! Tracking number says it?s in my city?s post office as of last night.

2)
Yes, at least for me (paid $116 with free shipping). Originally the SG Note 10.1 Phablet (N8000) was going to be my main mobile phone as well as main home phone. Having the larger/fatter stylus is a much better fit for my hand and it feels great in use. Being able to answer calls without pulling out the tablet when not in use, by just pulling the pen out of my pocket, is a huge advantage when out and about, or even when using the tablet in a public place (the other end of the call isn?t on the speakers being broadcast for all to hear). People get a big kick out of it as well. I tell them it is my James Bond pen (lol).

It?s worth noting I always have at least two phone numbers and was carrying two basic talk/text cell phones before. Recently I added a SG S DUOS S7562L (3G 850/1900MHz) to my Galaxy arsenal. That is now my MAIN mobile phone. I?ve also added a Native Union MM03 BT Home Handset to the mix (paid $58). It can connect to two BT devices at the same time. My Note 10.1 Phablet has become my MAIN mobile computer and home computer. The NU MM03 BT Handset has become my MAIN home phone; connected to both the SG Note 10.1 Phablet and the SG DUOS cell phone (I can now support three lines if needed, two in the phone and one in the phablet). The SG Note BT S Pen Headset is my main stylus all the time, but serves as my phablets headset when mobile or if I?m not using the tablet at my desk; such as while watching TV in the living room. I haven?t checked to see if the HM5100 can connect to two devices, but I don?t think it can.

I have to laugh a little bit at myself. The purchase of the SG Note 10.1 Phablet has transformed my life. I am now completely mobile and pay for no land line services or contracts whatsoever; no cable bills (supplied where I live), no Internet line or WiFi (available everywhere for free), no land line phone and no contracts at all!

I will try post my experience with this new mobile lifestyle in a separate thread outlining how I have gone completely mobile with the wonderful Samsung Galaxy line of products and post the add-on's in the accessories thread. My life has truly been SIMPLI-fied on the FLY? :cool:

Last edited:

Simplifly

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
The OEM Samsung cover from China arrived after only 12 days from purchase. It is basically just what i thought it would be, a nice compact cover with flap that turns out to be magnetic. Here's a few pictures:

2nrfs6q.jpg
x22otl.jpg

10qx6bp.jpg
261cge8.jpg

The tablet can be installed with the hinge at the top or bottom, but there is only a cutout for the stylus when you install it with the hinge at the bottom. It is very compact and thin. The one negative is that it doesn't really prop up the tablet at much of an angle when folded open. You can put the flap straight down with the edge on the surface it's on and get about 2.5" of height at the top. All and all it's a very nice cover for my needs of protecting the tablet and screen while stored in my zippered At-A-Glance planner.

Last edited:

fesouza

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I've just ordered a Samsung Book Cover for my Note 10.1 and would like to know if the cover magnets could harm the tablet in any way .
There are lots of other streams with similar question but nothing conclusive. It seems that it can mess with the magnetometer, and it make sense..
Any ideas or experience about that?

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi,
I've just ordered a Samsung Book Cover for my Note 10.1 and would like to know if the cover magnets could harm the tablet in any way .
There are lots of other streams with similar question but nothing conclusive. It seems that it can mess with the magnetometer, and it make sense..
Any ideas or experience about that?

No it will not mess with your Note 10.1.. I have not had any problems.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Ditto. Mine is still fine after about 2 months in the Book Cover.

I don't think Samsung would make a cover for it that would damage it...

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have experience or thoughts about this case?
COFFEE BROWN ANYMODE ROTATING LEATHER CASE FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 10.1 N8000 | eBay

Does anyone wish they had 360 rotation with their case? I get my GNote next week! Stoked!

I have the screen rotation case from Crazyondigital.com. I love it. I think I got it a few months ago now. I can have it on landscape for multi view or websurfing. I put it on portrait for reading an e book. It's very sturdy and the Note is tightly 'clamped' in yet it's easy enough to pull out the S pen, etc. Plus, mine came with accessories and the charger worked as well as the Samsung one.

Bulldog1377

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I had also picked up the bundle from Crazy digital, all of the accessories are great but the plastic on the case broke after a couple of months. However I do remove my tablet several times a week to place it in the dock.

Was a nice car while it lasted.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

CoreRWH

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
J HighNote...thanks for the feedback about the usefulness of the 360 rotation. Those are benefits I was hoping for. I was kind of turned off by the Crazy On Digital 360 case because there appears to be padding in the piece that goes from the back to the front. So it looks like the case could be kind of thick when fully closed. As apposed to the one I've been looking at which looks just like a solid piece of PU leather from back to the front and then some small amount of fabric on the front inside. There are fairly small velcro strips on each corner of the bottom and on of the sides. When using your case and rotating it do you find that you touch the corners a lot or if there was velcro on the corners would that bother you?

Bulldog1377...thanks for the heads up. Is that the plastic that the tablet fits into on the inside of the case?

geoffwhite18

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I saw a 360 case for the tab. It was pretty nice and not as thick as I thought it would be. The guy was awfully confused when I told him the tab version won't fit the note. The case you posted looks nice, but how does the cover stay closed? Samsung wasn't smart enough to put magnets inside the note for that kind of stuff.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

CoreRWH

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I saw a 360 case for the tab. It was pretty nice and not as thick as I thought it would be. The guy was awfully confused when I told him the tab version won't fit the note. The case you posted looks nice, but how does the cover stay closed? Samsung wasn't smart enough to put magnets inside the note for that kind of stuff.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

That is a very good question and something that I didn't think much about. The description says "a flexible strap for superior security" but I think they are referring to the part that wraps around the bottom. I talked with one of their reps and she told me they had a special technology built into the front to keep it closed but didn't have any details about it and that it was not magnets. Makes me slightly suspicious. Do you remember the name of the 360 case for the tab? Did you find one similar for the GNote?

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I had also picked up the bundle from Crazy digital, all of the accessories are great but the plastic on the case broke after a couple of months. However I do remove my tablet several times a week to place it in the dock.

Was a nice car while it lasted.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
To Bulldog and Core, and anyone else interested, for the cost of the case, you could replace it a few times a year, not sure about every three months though. When I got mine it was about 15 dollars for EVERYTHING, case and accessories but I think the price has gone up a bit. I should have bought several just in case I spill something on the soft feltish suede cloth on the inside. Bulldog, not sure how your using the dock, but if you're using it to charge, you could also rotate the Note around so the charging port is on the outside and leave it in the case closed to charge via cable. Core, it's not padded that thick, I wouldn't say it's much protection if you were to drop it on a stone floor, but for having it slide around in my purse or on a table, it's great. I've also hung it upside down over something soft and couldn't get the Note to even think of falling out of the hard edge that holds it nor does the part that swivels around feel like it could tear at all. I feel very secure with it. By now the one crease has gotten a bit soft so I've been thinking of trying to figure out a way to use velcro to make a more adjustable standing position. I'm thinking more along the lines of the way straps will hold a stadium seat in position... I wouldn't want velcro around a corner I would be holding or would have my arms going across. I would find that annoying but the case can fold completely underneath so the only part that's really exposed is the edge that frames it. Also someone mentioned a "flexible strap" . The crazyondigital has a piece of very stretchy elastic that can be flipped around it. I never use it. I do occasionally put my hand through it if I'm holding the tablet outdoors just as a safeguard. I'd certainly buy it again and not look elsewhere. I think the first page of this thread has some pictures I uploaded. Whatever you get, make sure you're really getting a Note 10.1 case. Even Samsung has the Note filed under Galaxy Tab on their own website. When I was looking for accessories, there were many that said they were for the 10.1 and really weren't so be careful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith