Can't Share photo from Gallery via Email??

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I took a screenshot, then tapped on Share and chose Email (not Gmail). My tablet pauses for a second or two and then says "Unfortunately, Email has stopped".

I rebooted and went into Gallery, found my screenshot image and tried again. Same thing.

I took a picture, went into Gallery and tried to Share the picture via Email. Same thing.

Does this work for anybody else?

Oh, and yes, my Email is working fine, otherwise. I only have one email account configured and it's an Exchange ActiveSync account. I don't care to let Google pilfer my email, contacts or calendar info.

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
You should be able to go through the email client and attach file and it should bring up the gallery good luck

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Well, apparently I was wrong. My email is not working fine. I can read email, but if I try to compose a new email or reply to an email, I get the same error.

I booted into Recovery and cleared cache and Dalvik. I went into Settings/Apps and chose email and did Clear Cache there, too.

Any other suggestions before I try deleting the account and re-adding it?

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Further, I have now found that each of my attempts to create an email message, either by doing a Share on a picture, or by doing Compose or Reply in Email, created a message in my Drafts folder on my tablet. But, if I try to open any of those, I also get the same error.

I deleted them all. I went into Apps and did Clear Cache again, I rebooted and wiped cache and Dalvik again.

And now... still the same error. :'(

Loren

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Are you rooted? - sending from Gallery via email works fine for me. As does attaching the image in email.

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I am rooted.

I have now deleted my email account, done Clear Cache and Clear Data, rebooted into Recovery, cleared cache and Dalvik, booted back up, then added my Exchange account back... and I STILL get the same problem. :(

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Just for the record, I got it working. Fortunately, after I installed CWM on Tuesday, I did a nandroid backup.

Tonight, I tried formatting system and cache and then using CWM to do an Advanced Restore of system and that did not fix it.

So, I did a factory reset then restored the full backup, then reapplied the root patch, and my email was back to working. Yay! Then I used Titanium to restore my apps that I had installed since the nandroid and now I'm almost completely back to where I was before Email went out to lunch.

Mark Bagshaw

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I've got the same problem, but only on one of two android devices! I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and a Samsung S4. On the Note, when I press the share icon after selecting a photo in the gallery, one of the options I have for sharing is "Email". On the S4, there is no Email option (it seems like there is just about everything else!).

edooze

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I've got the same problem, but only on one of two android devices! I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and a Samsung S4. On the Note, when I press the share icon after selecting a photo in the gallery, one of the options I have for sharing is "Email". On the S4, there is no Email option (it seems like there is just about everything else!).

This is not the same issue as has been described, but I am having the same problem. This thread is the first result in Google, hence I'm posting. Did you ever find a solution?

Roxette Caro

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
try sharing it from the thumbnail first, do not open up the photo yet, press and hold the photo till it has a tick and share via..it should give you option to share via Email/Gmail.