To buy or not to buy

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I want the note 10.1, but when looking at tablets the other day the best buy rep said that Apple has won the lawsuit that included the note tablet and that Samsung won't be making more, and all they have is what's in store.

If this is true. My question is I guess, if I go ahead and get it anyway will there still be support for the device and upgrades etc.

I bought the galaxy tab 2 10.1, but it's giving problems so it's going back today.

~Jae, Tap'n on my White Samsung Galaxy S3~

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
It's possible that it will be banned (along with your SG3), but we won't know until December. Check out this article. A judge denied Apple's request to start the ban right away, instead of waiting for the hearing. Samsung has their own hearing in a couple weeks.

So who knows. I'm sure it will still be supported even if it's banned. And it may just come down to a software update so as not to be infringing on the patents.

If you liked you GT2 10.1, you'll love the Note. It has better hardware, and of course the digitizer.

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
It's possible that it will be banned (along with your SG3), but we won't know until December. Check out this article. A judge denied Apple's request to start the ban right away, instead of waiting for the hearing. Samsung has their own hearing in a couple weeks.

So who knows. I'm sure it will still be supported even if it's banned. And it may just come down to a software update so as not to be infringing on the patents.

If you liked you GT2 10.1, you'll love the Note. It has better hardware, and of course the digitizer.

Thanks

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
On Mobile Tech Review, there are two comparison videos versus the Asus T700 and the new iPad. The Note 10.1 beats both in performance especially in multi-tasking. While the display is not full HD and the case is not brushed aluminum, the digitized screen and pen are more than adequate tradeoffs. The screen is GG2. Many of the same features from the GS3 can be found on the Note 10.1. No NFC on the Note 10.1. I have the 32 GB version with a 32 GB micro sdxc Class 10 card. Go in a Best Buy store and try the 16 GB version. The 32 GB version is only available online for Best Buy. Not sure if other stores have the 32 GB for sale.

Sent From My Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't really NEED the 32GB, I found one store in my area about 20 mins away from my job that has it in white. Other stores don't have the white. So I will be exchanging my galaxy tab 2 10.1 in approximately 4 hours! ;)

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Another thing.the galaxy tab 2 didn't have the screenshot button, best buy said maybe it needs to be updated.
I did two updates that it prompted for when I first got it.

Does the note tab already have the screenshot button out of the box???

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Another thing.the galaxy tab 2 didn't have the screenshot button, best buy said maybe it needs to be updated.
I did two updates that it prompted for when I first got it.

Does the note tab already have the screenshot button out of the box???

Yes. Congrats (4 hours in advance)! :D

Reactions: LadiJae

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
It's got Smart Stay and Video Pop-up. Photo shop touch. The Peel app that is great as a touchscreen remote. The speaker sound is pretty decent. It has the screen shot button. The split keyboard is great especially with SwiftKey 3 Tablet. Multi-tasking is way better than the iPad or the T700.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
the best buy rep said that Apple has won the lawsuit that included the note tablet and that Samsung won't be making more, and all they have is what's in store.

It's misinformed reps like this, that may be Samsung's biggest problem :mad:

Samsung has not slowed down production, and even Best Buy is promoting the Note 10.1 pretty heavy through their email marketing campaign.

I also would not worry about any supposed ban impacting support, because if you register your device with Samsung they will provide the appropriate tech support the device needs.

litlprince

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I just bought mine today. Should arrive next week.

All i can say is that from the reviews i read and the hands on time i had with it. this tablet beats out any other android tablet... despite having a 1200x800 display..

Forget what that rep said. If i base the legitimacy of what they told you on all the random, wrong, unintellectual, garbage they feed their customers to make a sale then i can say without a doubt that we have nothing to worry about.

Yes samsung will be going back to the court room but they will not go quietly and they will not abandon us. If it makes you feel better though... They have indeed pretty much finished up with their Jelly Bean updates for the GS3 and I believe the Note 10.1... Once we get those i'd say they will be future proof for as long as you want it to be. For me that wont be long cause im such a tech junkie that i keep selling and upgrading.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Man I'm jealous! Gotta wait 2 more weeks because I re-FUSE to use a credit card!

Good for you. Stay debt free! That's my public service announcement for the day.

It's got Smart Stay and Video Pop-up. Photo shop touch. The Peel app that is great as a touchscreen remote. The speaker sound is pretty decent. It has the screen shot button. The split keyboard is great especially with SwiftKey 3 Tablet. Multi-tasking is way better than the iPad or the T700.

Man, what a great list of features. Reminds me why I like it so much.

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
It's up and running. I already knew I'd love it,I should've gotten it in the first place. My hubby has the first galaxy tab 10.1, HE'S JEALOUS LOL

It is also much faster that the galaxy tab 2 10.1.

peel works great, and the fact that I can't find my tv remote and my cable box remote is dying on me....this is awesome.

Love the multitasking, I need to learn all the tips and tricks now.

I downloaded Swype for it but it's not working too well. It crashes alot, so I just stop using it. But it works great on my phone.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
The S-pen is the only pen that works with it? We had just bought some new ones, but they don't work on the note. I like the pen it comes with though for sure.

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I know there's probably a thread somewhere. But what cases do YOU guys have for it?:cool:

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
It's up and running. I already knew I'd love it,I should've gotten it in the first place. My hubby has the first galaxy tab 10.1, HE'S JEALOUS LOL

It is also much faster that the galaxy tab 2 10.1.

peel works great, and the fact that I can't find my tv remote and my cable box remote is dying on me....this is awesome.

Love the multitasking, I need to learn all the tips and tricks now.

I downloaded Swype for it but it's not working too well. It crashes alot, so I just stop using it. But it works great on my phone.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I downloaded SwiftKey 3 Tablet and I am using the split keyboard.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I know there's probably a thread somewhere. But what cases do YOU guys have for it?:cool:

I have the Belkin Leather Case but have been bugging OB to produce a Defender case.

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
The Belkin Tri-Fold case is the thinnest option available right now. BB has it. It also has a slot to pull the SPen out of and works much like the magnetic case for the iPad when used to stand up the Note. It is custom made for the Note, so fits perfectly. The Samsung cases will be much thinner and more compact but they have not been released yet. Some distributors are saying that they are delayed until the end of September or early October. Samsung is always late about releasing accessories. There will also be a custom keyboard as well, similar to the ASUS Transformer Prime.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar