Do you recommend getting a Screen Protector?

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I guess when Writing on the Note with the S-Pen it felt really slippery to me. May just be because I'm not use to using the S-Pen yet. With my Fingers it felt fine, it was just with the S-Pen I noticed the slick feel of the screen. Now I'm also use to using a regular rubber tipped stylus, from my old Ipad, so that could be why the screen feels slippery with the slim S-Pen tip. I used my Note for Two whole days without a screen protector on it and had no problems. Who knows, I may get sick of it and take it off later.

Ahhh now I know what you mean. The tip of the S-Pen is very different than those rubber head stylus which gives it that "slippery" feeling. It's the difference between dragging and gliding. The S-Pen glides across the screen causing you to feel more of the glass screen in an unusual way.

Keep using the S-Pen and that feeling will become non-existant. You'll notice a difference when you go back to a regular stylus.

Tap'n from my White SGT2 7.0 SE

tohyatt

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I really appreciate you guys answering this question on this forum. I almost paid best buy $30 and another $15 just to install this piece of plastic! They have the nerve to charge for instillation even after spending money for this tablet and spending that much money on the screen protector! Anyway, thats why i came home and google if i even need a screen procter. I had one on my phone but then took it off because it :)irritaded me. I like the smooth feeling with the S pen so now since i dont need it, i will save my money. Thanks so much!

Astron206

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I guess the only thing I can say is that I definite y prefer to use mine without the protector. I had one and I just didn't like the feeling so I scrapped it and I prefer it without. My tablet was purchased with scratch protection and insurance so it doesn't worry me in the slightest.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Android Central Forums

cass_m

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I use a screen protector because of greasy fingers. White tip works well and provides the right friction for me.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk HD

Scooter04

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I use a screen protector because of greasy fingers. White tip works well and provides the right friction for me.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk HD

I put one on for the exact same two reasons. Hate having one on my phone as it seems to decrease screen sensitivity, but haven't noticed that on the tablet. I have a ZAGG cover. Ridiculous price.

J Teezy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I use zag shields on all my devices. Would rather not use them but i don't want to chance getting a scratch

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc