Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By jcp007
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,276 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.3

Default So, ready for some stupid questions?

I have some accessories for the Samsung tab 30 pin connector, including thge USB OTG adapter, that I got for my Tab 2. Will it operate on my Note? Also will the wall charger (with the USB connnector) interchange with my Note? (it arrives Thursday, being delivered to my office!)
    Card Carrying Device Junkie

Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Asus Transformer Pad TF300 with Dock

Default Re: So, ready for some stupid questions?

I have heard that it will work with any 30 pin connector. But I cannot verify this from personal experience.

I can't verify from personal experience as everything that I bought was for the Note or would work on the Tab 10.1 that would work with the Note 10.1. The only stupid question is that you are afraid to ask. One of the things that I love about these forums is that everyone is at a different skill level but you are not made to feel any less important.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet
    ScandaLeX and b_leonard like this.

I'm also wondering what USB connector to get. So please let us know if yours for your Tab USB adapter works on the Note. I see some on Amazon, but all say for the Galaxy Tab.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 16GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 16GB

I got from Amazon for my Note 10.1 but haven't tried it yet. I still in the accessory honeymoon stage buying every accessory available EXCEPT the Defender series case that Otterbox has no plans to release.

Yes, the 30 pin connection accessories for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 can be used on the Note 10.1. Best Buy told me that and I confirmed it with Samsung support. After someone said in one of the other threads that it might read flash drives with files from windows, I tried a flash drive with music written from an old xp desktop and the tablet sees all the files and plays the music just fine! BUT anything that's fitted for the TAB, like the case and keyboard docking station do not fit the Note.

Quote Originally Posted by jcp006 View Post
    I got from Amazon for my Note 10.1 but haven't tried it yet. I still in the accessory honeymoon stage buying every accessory available EXCEPT the Defender series case that Otterbox has no plans to release.

LOL, I'm in the same stage. Just ordered a 32gb samsung micro SD card for my Note today. Thought I could go without for awhile, but everyone seems to be getting one, plus like the extra storage space! Not sure if I'll need the USB adapter, but in case the BT keyboard I bought has problems, I can always use my USB wireless keyboard from my PC as a backup if I get it.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 16GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 16GB
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    1,276 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by Andy847 View Post
    LOL, I'm in the same stage. Just ordered a 32gb samsung micro SD card for my Note today. Thought I could go without for awhile, but everyone seems to be getting one, plus like the extra storage space! Not sure if I'll need the USB adapter, but in case the BT keyboard I bought has problems, I can always use my USB wireless keyboard from my PC as a backup if I get it.
    Well, I'm a little nuts with storage. I have a 64 gb micro sd in my GS3 and in my Asus Transformer TF300, I have 32 internal, 32 micro SD and 64 full sized SD (I put 70 gb worth of full length movies on that).

Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Asus Transformer Pad TF300 with Dock
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    1,276 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by J HighNote View Post
    Yes, the 30 pin connection accessories for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 can be used on the Note 10.1. Best Buy told me that and I confirmed it with Samsung support. After someone said in one of the other threads that it might read flash drives with files from windows, I tried a flash drive with music written from an old xp desktop and the tablet sees all the files and plays the music just fine! BUT anything that's fitted for the TAB, like the case and keyboard docking station do not fit the Note.
    Thanks! I wasn't concerned about the dock and keyboard. But, I really wanted to be able to use my Samsung 30 pin to USB connecter - it's a handy little device.

So, ready for some stupid questions?-connecter.jpg

agreed