Dark grey Samsung galaxy note 10.1

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I just got back from best buy and they finally had the 32gb. Samsung galaxy note 10.1 on the best buy.com website so I ended up exchanging my sexy white 16gb tablet for the dark grey.I had called Samsung but there is no white 32gb out yet. And the 16gb was just not enough memory for me. So I also have a 32gb sd card as well so that should hold me.:)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I got the 32 gb dark grey, too (should look good with my pebble blue SG3, huh?). White is sexier right out of the box, I'll grant you that, but a little while down the road, that dark grey is going to be sleak and handsome, while whitey may have gotten a little, well, grimey. I have an extra 32 gb micro ready and waiting, too. Okay, I've already been looking at a 64 on ebay (Sandisk class 10 ultra mobile), but maybe I'll wait a bit.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I got the dark gray 32 GB model but I believe that, in the US, this model comes in gray only, at least on Best Buy. If you want to put a 64 GB card, you will need to format it as FAT32 on an Android device with an OS that precedes ICS. I know this because I tried formatting mine on my GS3 and no joy. Your other option is to download formatting software. There are rumors of an OS update being pushed out that will allow the 64 GB card to mount. I got a PNY, 32 GB micro sdxc Class 10 card in my Note 10.1 but a 64 GB micro sdxc Class 10 card by Sandisk.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
If you want to put a 64 GB card, you will need to format it as FAT32 on an Android device with an OS that precedes ICS.

Not entirely true. My Note wouldn't recognize my 64gig SD, so I put it in my Rezound, which is running ICS, and formatted it there. Then it worked fine in my Note.

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Ok UPS just dropped off my new dark grey Samsung galaxy note 10.1 32gb. Tablet and I put in my 32gb memory card now I am set. I just wished it came in white but on well.I just bought several cases to go on it off of Amazon.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Hope you enjoy it. Did you order from Best Buy? If so, were the box seals broken?

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Hope you enjoy it. Did you order from Best Buy? If so, were the box seals broken?

Yes i ordered from best buy.com and the first shipment i received the seals was broken but everything was in the box and plastic was still on the tablet. Thwt was the white 16gb version. I exchanged for the 32gb. And it was all sealed up. And thanks i am enjoying it, just hate have to install all the apps again.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I got the 32 gb dark grey, too (should look good with my pebble blue SG3, huh?). White is sexier right out of the box, I'll grant you that, but a little while down the road, that dark grey is going to be sleak and handsome, while whitey may have gotten a little, well, grimey. I have an extra 32 gb micro ready and waiting, too. Okay, I've already been looking at a 64 on ebay (Sandisk class 10 ultra mobile), but maybe I'll wait a bit.

I have several white devices from phones to tablets and none of them have gotten grimey.

Tap'n from my White SGT2 7.0 SE

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
The white is so sexy........

~Jae, Tap'n on my White Samsung Galaxy S3 OR my Sexy White Galaxy Note 10.1~

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
The white is so sexy........

~Jae, Tap'n on my White Samsung Galaxy S3 OR my Sexy White Galaxy Note 10.1~

Yes the white is sexy but I exchanged my white Samsung galaxy note 10.1 only because the 16 gb memory was not enough for me, I exchanged it for the 32gb dark grey tablet. But it's ok I still have my white sexy Samsung galaxy S3 phone.:)

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
My friends keep telling me I'm crazy to want a tablet with 32GB of memory because over the life of the tablet I'll probably only use about 1/4 of internal memory. Everything else will be on my 32 gig SD card

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I see......I know I didn't need the 32, so I was fine.....the blue or gray or whatever color it was in the store did nothing for me.....

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
The color and amount of storage are all a matter of personal preferences and sometimes sadly, resources. IMO, the Deep Grey of my 32 GB Note 10.1 makes it look more professional and less trendy. It should look like a serious device rather than a household appliance. Samsung get hammered enough about their design build materials and colors.

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I see......I know I didn't need the 32, so I was fine.....the blue or gray or whatever color it was in the store did nothing for me.....

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

I know I really loved the white one, I had the white one for two weeks and had only 6gb of memory left plus I had a 32gb memory card in there, so I returned for the 32 gb. I will just buy nice cases to cover it.

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
My phone has 16 gig internal plus a 64gig card. It was acting weird for a few days last week and I finally figured out that it was because the 16gig partition was full. Lol! No way I was settling for only 16 in my tablet.

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Well what is it that you all do to fill the internal so fast? Apps aren't that big in size and it would take close to a 1000 of them to put a dent in the storage.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Well what is it that you all do to fill the internal so fast? Apps aren't that big in size and it would take close to a 1000 of them to put a dent in the storage.

I think from reading a lot of the Posts on the Forum here, that a lot of people are putting movies on to watch. They can take up a lot of space. Never done it myself. I have a lot of music, just nice to have the extra storage. Plus even though I have 32gb, when you first get it, the storage is like 26gb, probably from the system files and OS. So 16gb can go fast. Trust me, coming from an IPad 3 with 16gb, I really appreciate the extra space and the SD card Slot (not much except the cloud, for extending storage on an IPad).

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Well I don't have movies on my tablet, I have a lot of apps. And pictures and you are right with the 16gb when I got it home it only had 12gb then after 2 weeks with it I was down to 6-7gb, so I had to exchange for the 32gb.

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
On my phone, the internal was all used up by pictures and a few videos from onboard bike cams of me on track at Laguna Seca. :)

On my tablet, I filled the internal with a few movies I ripped from DVD, so I'd have something to watch the next time I flew anywhere. Then put a couple more on the SD because the internal only held about 5 movies. And I have my entire collection of MP3s (a bit over 30 gig) on the SD, too, so I can listen to any of my music any time.

---------- Post Merged at 07:35 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:33 AM ----------

I'm on the East Coast this week. On the flight here, I watched a couple of movies on my Note, and I'll probably watch a couple more on the flight home. So, it's definitely nice to have enough storage to hold at least 5 or 6. This way, I don't have to try and load any new movies while I'm on the road, for the trip home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech