Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Dark grey Samsung galaxy note 10.1

    I just got back from best buy and they finally had the 32gb. Samsung galaxy note 10.1 on the best buy.com website so I ended up exchanging my sexy white 16gb tablet for the dark grey.I had called Samsung but there is no white 32gb out yet. And the 16gb was just not enough memory for me. So I also have a 32gb sd card as well so that should hold me.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
  2. #2  
    barskin's Avatar

    Posts
    377 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,286 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.3

    Default Re: Dark grey Samsung galaxy note 10.1

    I got the 32 gb dark grey, too (should look good with my pebble blue SG3, huh?). White is sexier right out of the box, I'll grant you that, but a little while down the road, that dark grey is going to be sleak and handsome, while whitey may have gotten a little, well, grimey. I have an extra 32 gb micro ready and waiting, too. Okay, I've already been looking at a 64 on ebay (Sandisk class 10 ultra mobile), but maybe I'll wait a bit.
    Card Carrying Device Junkie

    Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Dark grey Samsung galaxy note 10.1

    I got the dark gray 32 GB model but I believe that, in the US, this model comes in gray only, at least on Best Buy. If you want to put a 64 GB card, you will need to format it as FAT32 on an Android device with an OS that precedes ICS. I know this because I tried formatting mine on my GS3 and no joy. Your other option is to download formatting software. There are rumors of an OS update being pushed out that will allow the 64 GB card to mount. I got a PNY, 32 GB micro sdxc Class 10 card in my Note 10.1 but a 64 GB micro sdxc Class 10 card by Sandisk.

    Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

    Daily Driver: AT&T Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB Black Sapphire

    Past Devices: (AT&T) Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy S4. Blackberry 8310, 9000, 9700, 9810 and 9900
  4. #4  
    StuartV's Avatar
    Allergic to Stupid

    Posts
    423 Posts
    Global Posts
    691 Global Posts

    Default Re: Dark grey Samsung galaxy note 10.1

    Quote Originally Posted by jcp006 View Post
    If you want to put a 64 GB card, you will need to format it as FAT32 on an Android device with an OS that precedes ICS.
    Not entirely true. My Note wouldn't recognize my 64gig SD, so I put it in my Rezound, which is running ICS, and formatted it there. Then it worked fine in my Note.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Dark grey Samsung galaxy note 10.1

    Ok UPS just dropped off my new dark grey Samsung galaxy note 10.1 32gb. Tablet and I put in my 32gb memory card now I am set. I just wished it came in white but on well.I just bought several cases to go on it off of Amazon.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    LadiJae likes this.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Dark grey Samsung galaxy note 10.1

    Hope you enjoy it. Did you order from Best Buy? If so, were the box seals broken?

    Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

    Daily Driver: AT&T Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB Black Sapphire

    Past Devices: (AT&T) Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy S4. Blackberry 8310, 9000, 9700, 9810 and 9900
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Dark grey Samsung galaxy note 10.1

    Quote Originally Posted by jcp006 View Post
    Hope you enjoy it. Did you order from Best Buy? If so, were the box seals broken?

    Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet
    Yes i ordered from best buy.com and the first shipment i received the seals was broken but everything was in the box and plastic was still on the tablet. Thwt was the white 16gb version. I exchanged for the 32gb. And it was all sealed up. And thanks i am enjoying it, just hate have to install all the apps again.

    Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
  8. #8  
    ScandaLeX's Avatar

    Posts
    485 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,176 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Dark grey Samsung galaxy note 10.1

    Quote Originally Posted by barskin View Post
    I got the 32 gb dark grey, too (should look good with my pebble blue SG3, huh?). White is sexier right out of the box, I'll grant you that, but a little while down the road, that dark grey is going to be sleak and handsome, while whitey may have gotten a little, well, grimey. I have an extra 32 gb micro ready and waiting, too. Okay, I've already been looking at a 64 on ebay (Sandisk class 10 ultra mobile), but maybe I'll wait a bit.
    I have several white devices from phones to tablets and none of them have gotten grimey.

    Tap'n from my White SGT2 7.0 SE
  9. #9  
    LadiJae's Avatar

    Posts
    392 Posts
    Global Posts
    647 Global Posts

    Default Re: Dark grey Samsung galaxy note 10.1

    The white is so sexy........

    ~Jae, Tap'n on my White Samsung Galaxy S3 OR my Sexy White Galaxy Note 10.1~
    ~Jae~
  10. #10  
    ScandaLeX's Avatar

    Posts
    485 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,176 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Dark grey Samsung galaxy note 10.1

    Quote Originally Posted by LadiJae View Post
    The white is so sexy........

    ~Jae, Tap'n on my White Samsung Galaxy S3 OR my Sexy White Galaxy Note 10.1~
    Ain't it though!!! LOL!!! I cant lie--my obsession with white started with Apple.
    LadiJae likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: Dark grey Samsung galaxy note 10.1

    Quote Originally Posted by LadiJae View Post
    The white is so sexy........

    ~Jae, Tap'n on my White Samsung Galaxy S3 OR my Sexy White Galaxy Note 10.1~
    Yes the white is sexy but I exchanged my white Samsung galaxy note 10.1 only because the 16 gb memory was not enough for me, I exchanged it for the 32gb dark grey tablet. But it's ok I still have my white sexy Samsung galaxy S3 phone.

    Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
  12. #12  
    ScandaLeX's Avatar

    Posts
    485 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,176 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Dark grey Samsung galaxy note 10.1

    My friends keep telling me I'm crazy to want a tablet with 32GB of memory because over the life of the tablet I'll probably only use about 1/4 of internal memory. Everything else will be on my 32 gig SD card

    Tap'n from my White SGT2 7.0 SE
  13. #13  
    LadiJae's Avatar

    Posts
    392 Posts
    Global Posts
    647 Global Posts

    Default Re: Dark grey Samsung galaxy note 10.1

    I see......I know I didn't need the 32, so I was fine.....the blue or gray or whatever color it was in the store did nothing for me.....

    Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2
    ~Jae~
    ScandaLeX likes this.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Dark grey Samsung galaxy note 10.1

    The color and amount of storage are all a matter of personal preferences and sometimes sadly, resources. IMO, the Deep Grey of my 32 GB Note 10.1 makes it look more professional and less trendy. It should look like a serious device rather than a household appliance. Samsung get hammered enough about their design build materials and colors.

    Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

    Daily Driver: AT&T Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB Black Sapphire

    Past Devices: (AT&T) Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy S4. Blackberry 8310, 9000, 9700, 9810 and 9900
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default Re: Dark grey Samsung galaxy note 10.1

    Quote Originally Posted by LadiJae View Post
    I see......I know I didn't need the 32, so I was fine.....the blue or gray or whatever color it was in the store did nothing for me.....

    Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2
    I know I really loved the white one, I had the white one for two weeks and had only 6gb of memory left plus I had a 32gb memory card in there, so I returned for the 32 gb. I will just buy nice cases to cover it.


    Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
    LadiJae likes this.
  16. #16  
    StuartV's Avatar
    Allergic to Stupid

    Posts
    423 Posts
    Global Posts
    691 Global Posts

    Default Re: Dark grey Samsung galaxy note 10.1

    My phone has 16 gig internal plus a 64gig card. It was acting weird for a few days last week and I finally figured out that it was because the 16gig partition was full. Lol! No way I was settling for only 16 in my tablet.
  17. #17  
    ScandaLeX's Avatar

    Posts
    485 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,176 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Dark grey Samsung galaxy note 10.1

    Well what is it that you all do to fill the internal so fast? Apps aren't that big in size and it would take close to a 1000 of them to put a dent in the storage.

    Tap'n from my White SGT2 7.0 SE
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Dark grey Samsung galaxy note 10.1

    Quote Originally Posted by ScandaLeX View Post
    Well what is it that you all do to fill the internal so fast? Apps aren't that big in size and it would take close to a 1000 of them to put a dent in the storage.
    I think from reading a lot of the Posts on the Forum here, that a lot of people are putting movies on to watch. They can take up a lot of space. Never done it myself. I have a lot of music, just nice to have the extra storage. Plus even though I have 32gb, when you first get it, the storage is like 26gb, probably from the system files and OS. So 16gb can go fast. Trust me, coming from an IPad 3 with 16gb, I really appreciate the extra space and the SD card Slot (not much except the cloud, for extending storage on an IPad).
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 16GB
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

    Default Re: Dark grey Samsung galaxy note 10.1

    Well I don't have movies on my tablet, I have a lot of apps. And pictures and you are right with the 16gb when I got it home it only had 12gb then after 2 weeks with it I was down to 6-7gb, so I had to exchange for the 32gb.

    Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
  20. #20  
    StuartV's Avatar
    Allergic to Stupid

    Posts
    423 Posts
    Global Posts
    691 Global Posts

    Default Re: Dark grey Samsung galaxy note 10.1

    On my phone, the internal was all used up by pictures and a few videos from onboard bike cams of me on track at Laguna Seca. :-)

    On my tablet, I filled the internal with a few movies I ripped from DVD, so I'd have something to watch the next time I flew anywhere. Then put a couple more on the SD because the internal only held about 5 movies. And I have my entire collection of MP3s (a bit over 30 gig) on the SD, too, so I can listen to any of my music any time.

    ---------- Post Merged at 07:35 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:33 AM ----------

    I'm on the East Coast this week. On the flight here, I watched a couple of movies on my Note, and I'll probably watch a couple more on the flight home. So, it's definitely nice to have enough storage to hold at least 5 or 6. This way, I don't have to try and load any new movies while I'm on the road, for the trip home.
  21. #21  
    ScandaLeX's Avatar

    Posts
    485 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,176 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Dark grey Samsung galaxy note 10.1

    I've got a lot of apps too but nowhere near the amount that would fill up the internal memory. Besides, over the course of ownership I probably get rid of more apps than I use. I only use internal storage for apps.

    As far as my sd card, I've got 6 movies on it and a lot of pics and music. No way I'd put my entire music collection on it cause at any given time I wouldn't be able to listen to them all at once. Heck, even if I'm on a plane, I can barely get thru 2 movies cause sleep is bound to kick in.

    My phone & tablets have 32GB cards and I find that more than enough storage. These posts just got to show how differently people manage storage space.

    Tap'n from my White SGT2 7.0 SE
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

    Default Re: Dark grey Samsung galaxy note 10.1

    Quote Originally Posted by ScandaLeX View Post
    I've got a lot of apps too but nowhere near the amount that would fill up the internal memory. Besides, over the course of ownership I probably get rid of more apps than I use. I only use internal storage for apps.

    As far as my sd card, I've got 6 movies on it and a lot of pics and music. No way I'd put my entire music collection on it cause at any given time I wouldn't be able to listen to them all at once. Heck, even if I'm on a plane, I can barely get thru 2 movies cause sleep is bound to kick in.

    My phone & tablets have 32GB cards and I find that more than enough storage. These posts just got to show how differently people manage storage space.

    Tap'n from my White SGT2 7.0 SE
    If you can assist me in knowing how to move my pictures to my sd card I would be happy and far as apps I have 3gb memory right now.

    Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
  23. #23  
    ScandaLeX's Avatar

    Posts
    485 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,176 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Dark grey Samsung galaxy note 10.1

    Quote Originally Posted by smooches680 View Post
    If you can assist me in knowing how to move my pictures to my sd card I would be happy and far as apps I have 3gb memory right now.

    Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
    In my camera settings there's an option to use internal or sd. Change it to sd.
    For any pics in internal, use a file explorer (I used Root Explorer) to move them to your sd card.

    Hope that helps you.

    Tap'n from my White SGT2 7.0 SE
    Thanked by:
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

    Default Re: Dark grey Samsung galaxy note 10.1

    Quote Originally Posted by ScandaLeX View Post
    In my camera settings there's an option to use internal or sd. Change it to sd.
    For any pics in internal, use a file explorer (I used Root Explorer) to move them to your sd card.

    Hope that helps you.

    Tap'n from my White SGT2 7.0 SE
    Thank you so much for this info will definitely do that.

    Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Dark grey Samsung galaxy note 10.1

    I wish the white came in 32 GB cause it's always nice to have the extra space if it's available. But, I preferred the white and thought the gray just looked like the cheap old phones that used to be in production back in the 90's. Since then, I actually love the look of the gray. But I still prefer the white and am happy with my choice. SD Cards are always readily available so worst case scenario I pick up an extra. But I don't see myself filling the 64GB SD Card.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Returned the dark grey Samsung galaxy note 10.1
    By smooches680 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-30-2012, 11:47 AM
  2. [Closed] Draw Lloyd fan art and you could win a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1!
    By Michelle Haag in forum Android Central Contests
    Replies: 126
    Last Post: 08-28-2012, 10:25 PM
  3. Trade Transformer Prime for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    By johnnyfr03 in forum ASUS EeePad Transformer Prime
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-22-2012, 12:51 AM
  4. Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 in stock on Amazon, BestBuy, and B&H!!
    By nerdisme in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-16-2012, 06:04 PM
  5. Metallic grey Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is stunning
    By Kyle Gibb in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 10-inch
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 06-26-2011, 05:38 PM

Posting Permissions