Dropbox 50gb free with Galaxy Note 10.1?

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I have a question about this, because I seem to remember seeing this advertised at one of the stores I saw the Note at. My question is: Do you have to be a new User to Dropbox to get the 50gb free storage? I already have an account with them, because had to use it with my Ipad. I'd definitely be interested in the free storage, but are you locked into paying after the two years?

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I was existing user and get an ADDITIONAL 50 gig when I signed on my from Note.

If you are using the additional free space at the end of the free period then, yes, I'm pretty sure you would have to either delete some stuff or start paying.

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I was existing user and get an ADDITIONAL 50 gig when I signed on my from Note.

If you are using the additional free space at the end of the free period then, yes, I'm pretty sure you would have to either delete some stuff or start paying.

Wow! That is good to know. My new Note's a comin' Thursday.
Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I signed in and all it did was took me to a "Getting Started" Page where I was supposed to complete 5 out of the 7 tasks to get the free space. And I already had 2 GB of space, so it said it was offering me 48GB when I completed it. Almost like the purchase of the note only bumped me TO 50 GB instead of giving me an additional 50. I haven't completed the tasks yet, because I don't need that much and I don't want to pay for it either. It's nice to have and use, but not nice enough to pay for it. I think it's goofy that they expect people to pay for it when almost everyone on the planet has a few thumb drives laying around that they can use for free.

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I got an extra 50 gigs too after singing in on my Note. Although I had to take some tutorial first.

Well when I brought my new Samsung galaxy S3 phone a few months ago dropbox have me 50gb free but I had to go through there process, but once I add on my tablet it ask do I have a account and when I say yes it doesn't give me any new memory, why when I am adding a new device?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I Just got mine a couple hours ago. I signed in with existing account, I got I didn't get the 50gb either. I'm not sure if I did with my S3, but hope I didn't do something wrong. I can't figure out how to sign out of Dropbox or even uninstall it. Just update and disable are available.

xeroslash

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
As LegalAmerican stated, log in to Dropbox from your Note 10.1 and you will be prompted to visit the "Get Started" page. On this page will be displayed 7 tasks - 5 of which you will need to complete to receive your additional free storage.

The tasks can be completed in any order and are as follows:

1. Take the Dropbox tour
2. Install Dropbox on your computer
3. Put files in your Dropbox folder
4. Install Dropbox on other computers you use
5. Share a folder with friends of colleagues
6. Invite some friends to join Dropbox
7. Install Dropbox on your mobile device

Before purchasing my Note 10.1 (or even knowing about the "Get Started" page for that matter) I had already completed four of the seven tasks (2-4 & 7). I immediately completed the Dropbox tour (tutorial) and received my extra space. However, I'm unsure if Dropbox will recognize your tablet as a mobile device or 'other computer' since I already had it installed on my home computer, work laptop, and Galaxy Nexus. All tasks seem simple enough to ensure you get your free 50GB as advertised. After two years, if you don't want to pay to keep it, there is no obligation to do so. I doubt I'll get my Dropbox filled anywhere near that amount by then, but it's nice to know it's there in the meantime. :D

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
How do you go back or sign out to start again. I see no way to delete the app and then reinstall it on the Note. I just went to the next screen after logging in. So did I mess up? Any way to get back and retry the beginning steps? If I can't get back to do it, it's not going to be a problem, just would have liked to have the extra storage, instead of the 2.5 GB I have already.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Well, I got the extra 48gb, guess because I'm an existing user. When I was looking at my email on my PC, I had one from Dropbox and it gave me the steps for the extra 50gb. So was able to do it! Thanks scotthadkins, was playing with it all night and just saw your post now. At least I know what to do now.

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Samsung must be having a field day with the 50GB of Dropbox storage. I also got it when I signed into DB from (see signature). :D

Tap'n from my White SGT2 7.0 SE

bkurtin

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I've got enough thumb drives around to choke a horse, BUT, I cannot right-click on an item and send to Dropbox and then right click the item and get a URL to send to anyone in the world. Much faster than trying to send by YouSendIt or any other means. I frequently send PowerPoint presentations to others to get their feedback. It's the fastest way I know to get things done.

Somdk

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
"BUT, I cannot right-click on an item and send to Dropbox and then right click the item and get a URL to send to anyone in the world"

If you trying to right click and get and option to put it up on DB, one solution may be to install the DB desktop application. It install and creates a separate folder in a location of your choice, that will always be in sync with the online account. You can easily copy-paste files in this new shared DB folder, and the file will appear on the devices with that DB Account. Alternatively you can save a new file in the DB folder itself, reduces the chance of duplicate files on your computer.

If you are trying to put some file up on DB from your phone, while in the file explorer, go as Menu - Share - Select Files - now from the list select how you want to share - Select DB - and your done ! The file will be uploaded to DB.

Getting a link to send to someone is now easy. In the shared folder right click and share.

On the website, select the file and hit Share on the top of the page.

On phone tab the arrow on the right of each file - Share !

I hope this helps :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance