1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How come the screen is not using all the space on it?

Is this a Touchwiz thing or something I overlooked in the settings? the app icons and widgets are like an inch from the sides of the screen. Can you get the screen to go to the edges? Since this is my first Android Tablet, not sure how the screen is formatted. I know on my GS3 phone with a different launcher I can put more rows and columns in.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 16GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 16GB

Global Posts
    2,330 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: How come the screen is not using all the space on it?

That's normal for this tablet, and other 10.1 inch Android tablets. I don't think another launcher would spread them out more, but I'm not sure. I think those margins are preset.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Has anyone put any other launchers on their Note? I have Nova Launcher Prime on my GS3 phone. Haven't tried to see if it's compatible with the Note.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 16GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 16GB

Nova works great on Note. And you can remove margins on home screen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Andy847 View Post
    Has anyone put any other launchers on their Note? I have Nova Launcher Prime on my GS3 phone. Haven't tried to see if it's compatible with the Note.
    Root and put CM10 on it. Ditch Touchwiz

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I've got Nova Launcher Prime On it. Never been brave enough to try and Root a device. When I was getting rid of my Droid X last month, I was going to try to root, but liked the One Click method they had before the last update or two. I really like it as is right now, if I ever get bored with it, I may consider, but not for awhile.

Global Posts
    979 Global Posts

It is not touchwiz, it is the way android is. The nexus devices do the same thing.

Don't listen to everyone about getting rid of touchwiz, the version on the galaxy s3 as well as the note 10 are much better than some/all of the versions prior.

That is, unless you really don't like it, then do as you please.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

I actually really enjoy this version of touchwiz. In fact it has made me REALLY want to get rid of my Razr Maxx and get the Note 2 or the S3. Samsung has won me over with this device.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

The Only reason I got rid of touchwiz on my phone and tablet, is that with Nova Launcher you can put Tesla Unread Count on them. I like having the badge for my Gmail. I know you can have that with the Note's Native Email and the S3's, but I also like more than 5 screens if I need it. Just like customizing a bit more. Touchwiz is fine if you ask me. I have to go back to it when I change my Lock Screen Wallpaper if I have to. That's an Option I don't know if Nova has. I just like to try other things. Nothing wrong with Touchwiz.