Great bluetooth keyboard with trackpad for the Note 10.1

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I just got a Motorola bluetooth keyboard with trackpad to work with my Note 10.1 and it's terrific. I was afraid news of it would be lost if I only mentioned it in one of the various threads on accessories so I apologize for the new thread but didn't want anyone interested to miss it. The keyboard is about 2 inches longer than the tablet, and it is hefty so if you're looking for lightweight, this isn't it. BUt, if like me, you want full size keys and a mouse pad, this thing is slick! Odd thing is that Android Central looks different and I don't see all the options when posting messages, like how to add a link! The only thing I've noticed about the keyboard so far is that I, or the keyboard, registers the shift key just a bit long., The mouse moves a bit different than I'm used to, but I can certainly type almost at normal speed on this. THere is a menu key that works, the escape works like the back button. I haven't tried the other special keys yet. I had a bit of trouble getting it to link and almost gave up but shutting down the tablet and turning off blue tooth then starting over finally got it to work. THis is awesome. Here's the link to where I got mine, there are other vendors selling it to:
Amazon.com: Motorola Wireless Keyboard with Trackpad - Retail Packaging: Computers & Accessories

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I remember you telling me about it and I checked it out on Amazon. It did look interesting to me. Two things kept me from getting it, one I've never used a laptop, so not too familiar with a trackpad and the other was a lot of reviews on Amazon said that the cursor would jump all over the place and wasn't precise with the touchpad. I'm liking my Logitech BT Keyboard, yours was a few dollars cheaper too. If I remember though, the pics of it made it look like the keys were really close together.
I Also had trouble getting mine to sync with the Note, but after an hour figured it out. It did sync right to my Galaxy S3 phone no problem. Just took a lot longer with the Note. I do have a question though. Does yours take 4 AAA batteries to power it? Mine does. If yours works with a couple of AA batteries, I may reconsider and think about returning. Happy so far with mine though. Mine sometimes does the two letters after hitting the shift key for capitals sometimes, is that what you're having trouble with?

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm now leery of Motorola BT KB's. I had one (not the one w/Trackpad) that connected to everything I threw at it EXCEPT the one device I needed it to connect to the most. The next BT KB I buy would definitely need to have a stand because I'm not crazy about taking my tablets in/out the cases constantly.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
It takes two AA batteries, but that doesn't mean it's light. I think it's pretty hefty for the size of it. Just looked it up:
Weight: 1.7 pounds
Dimensions: 13 x 2 x 6 inches (these must be packaging dimensions, keyboard is one inch at the back, gives it a nice tilt, 11.5" long and 5.75" deep)
Full-size wireless keyboard
Trackpad with touchscreen functionality
Pinch, zoom and rotate content with ease
I didn't even think to try the zoom and things with the trackpad. I started to say the cursor didn't jump around and then I remembered it did! lol, you'll love this. When the trackpad is OUT it's right where your thumb goes for the space so I realized it was the edge of my hand hitting the trackpad that was making it jump. I slid it in when I was typing and the cursor never moved except where it was supposed to after that. Think of how many people must have stopped using the keyboard because they never slid in the trackpad! I typed a polaris document, an email, seached on google, and my favorite - an Snote, and it was perfect. The only place that got strange was here! When I went to type in a new thread, it was like having the minimum, there were the necessary fields, but no features to use in the message area and it seemed so bare I wasn't sure what all was missing. And the on screen keyboard popped up on the screen and I couldn't make it go away. It got a bit weird trying to scroll up to edit the message because I could only see a little bit at a time but the tablet seemed to think I could see higher than I could. But then when I was done with the message and only after I hit submit, I found a button at the bottom of the page that said switch to full screen or something and everything went back to normal. Still, if I run into that now and then, I can turn off the keyboard and go back to tapping out letters on screen. It's really worth it in the long run for a touch typist. I sat here tonight and felt like I had so much more functionality out of my tablet. Having that keyboard really makes the tablet as useful as my desktop in many ways, and in some ways, I prefer the tablet for research. It is tricky to get used to a track pad, I never liked it because doing a right click and scrolling, cutting and pasting can be tricky and always used a mouse on any of my laptops/netbook, etc. But I didn't try using the trackpad to zoom or do anything fancy, I used it more like my fingertip was on a mouse just moving to a link or button and tapping. I went back to touching the screen to copy and paste that link. I think if you start out as I am - using the trackpad like you're using a mouse to move the pointer, and tapping with index finger - it will feel normal. I scrolled with the arrow keys and missed having a scroll wheel but what the heck. BTW, when I couldn't get it to connect last night I went to Samsung and got on chat with customer support. According to him, we have bluetooth 3, we don't - we have 4, and this keyboard isn't compatible. I asked him to pass up the management line that if they would get out their accessories AND manual when they launch a device their customers wouldn't have these frustrations of trial and error! Thank heavens I found the forums for support, I've learned more from all of you than I would from Samsung!

innocentbystander

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I have one of these to use with my One X (running CyanogenMod), and I like it, mostly, except that I'd love to have access to two-finger scrolling. I wonder how much work it would be to get a port of those drivers from Motorola devices?

Also, the Menu button doesn't work for me, at all, which is a pain.

sledgie#AC

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
A little late to this party but thanks for mentioning the keyboard. When Amazon has it in stock again I will probably check it out.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
A little late to this party but thanks for mentioning the keyboard. When Amazon has it in stock again I will probably check it out.
Sledgie and to Barskin, other folks have this model for sale and yes, it works great with the Note. Back when I first posted this thread, I emailed the seller and he said they would get more in stock as soon as they could but didn't know how long it would take. I'm very particular about the feel of a keyboard and this one is really nice.