1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Keyboard Case for Note 10.1

Hello All,

This is my first post and I've been an iSheep for the past 4 yrs and am starting to consider other options. This tablet caught my interest was ready to buy but like everything that isn't apple, accessories are hard to find.
    I love the stylus and S Note and can see how useful it would be for me but what I see myself doing mostly is typing. My handwriting sucks and I type faster, so I type my logs. A laptop is too heavy and an netbook doesn't have touchscreen capability. The Note 10.1 would be perfect except I can't find a case that includes a keyboard. I'd like to pull out the tab and start typing, like when sitting on the train, the stylus would allow me to tweek and add diagrams.

Can anyone suggest something because this is really whats keeping me on the fence.
    Thanked by:
    raevin 

Default Re: Keyboard Case for Note 10.1

I saw one at walmart the other day but it was like $80. It was a built in bluetooth keyboard into the case. Check Amazon.com and places like that. They are out there. just need to be specific in search criteria.
    I'd bet Cory's Right Arm on that!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by trailblazen View Post
    I saw one at walmart the other day but it was like $80. It was a built in bluetooth keyboard into the case. Check Amazon.com and places like that. They are out there. just need to be specific in search criteria.
    I've seen some but they were for the TAB 10.1

Samsung will probably release some accessories such as this in the future, but they are generally fairly slow in pushing them to the masses. Currently I am unaware of a NOTE 10.1 keyboard, however I heard some people say that the TAB 10.1 should still fit the Note. I wouldn't get the TAB case, because it wont have the S-Pen slot but there are some keyboards that should work for either device.

Hopefully what you are looking for is made available sooner rather than later.

Global Posts
    1,276 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.3

Engadget shows this keyboard case a comin'. Sometime. I hope.

Card Carrying Device Junkie

Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Asus Transformer Pad TF300 with Dock
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by BCShakarov View Post
    Hello All,

This is my first post and I've been an iSheep for the past 4 yrs and am starting to consider other options. This tablet caught my interest was ready to buy but like everything that isn't apple, accessories are hard to find.
    I love the stylus and S Note and can see how useful it would be for me but what I see myself doing mostly is typing. My handwriting sucks and I type faster, so I type my logs. A laptop is too heavy and an netbook doesn't have touchscreen capability. The Note 10.1 would be perfect except I can't find a case that includes a keyboard. I'd like to pull out the tab and start typing, like when sitting on the train, the stylus would allow me to tweek and add diagrams.

Can anyone suggest something because this is really whats keeping me on the fence.
    Hello there and welcome. I am sure you would love the awesome features of the Note 10.1. First, accessories will come, we're all glad to finally being able to choose from multiple designs of cases for the 10.1. I haven't seen any that include a keyboard yet. If you don't mind a separate keyboard, I bought a bluetooth keyboard that is just super on Amazon. It has full size keys, reduced spacebar to make room for arrow keys beside it, and it includes a pull out trackpad! I love it. It's a Motorola Wireless Keyboard with Trackpad, model 89507N. I tried to find a link to the seller I bought it from but he is no longer showing any on his site. While the 30 pin connector is the same as the TAB 10.1, the dimensions between the TAB and the NOTE are just different enough that I've read one person asking about cutting away part of his TAB keyboard dock so the Note 10.1 would fit. So, I guess it would depend on what you're looking at whether it's truly compatible with the Note. Best Buy and Samsung told me the USB adapter, chargers, etc. were cross compatible with both but not the case and not the dock. I tried adapting a TAB case, cut out a hole for the Spen, etc. but it still wasn't very secure. I bought a case designed for the Note and really love it, there's information in various threads regarding cases so you're bound to find something that you might like but none with a keyboard. If you don't mind the keyboard being separate, my suggestion is to look for a really great case and check out the motorola bluetooth keyboard with the trackpad. It's NOT a mini keyboard or folding one though if you were looking for something like that. I hate typing on my netbook for any length of time, too many years of top speed touch typing for these fingers to suddenly learn a tiny layout.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I thought about getting a separate kb but the reason I'd prefer a case is so that the pad has something to lean on while I keep it on my lap. If there is a Bluetooth kb that has a backrest, I'd be interested in that.

There are a couple on Amazon, but both of them get like 1 star ratings. Apparently 1 of them it's uncertain if for the Note, the other takes over two weeks to almost a month to get shipped.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 16GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 16GB

Before when I had my iPad 3, I remember seeing this.

If I remember it was a little expensive, but may work for your needs with the note. I use a separate Logitech BT Keyboard, with an Arkon adjustable foldup stand. I know this doesn't work for your lap, but you may not see good keyboard case for awhile. I transport everything in a Case Logic case I found at office depot for like $32. Holds my galaxy note in it's Moko case/stand, my Logitech BT Keyboard, Arkon stand, power charging cord, and an extra stylus I keep with me. Plus a extra pocket for my micro fiber cleaning cloth. Works for me. I find that sitting with the tablet in my lap for extended periods of time, my back starts hurting me. The wedgestand might work if you just want to work with the screen keyboard or might even work with a separate BT Keyboard.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 16GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 16GB

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Logitech makes a keyboard that has a case for it that turns into a stand for the tablet

Exclamation Re: Keyboard Case for Note 10.1

Hey, I live in Sweden and I have like 25 kilometers to a great store with tons and tons of tech. I have a samsung galaxy s2 with jelly bean 4.1.2 manually added, a nexus 7 and my note 10.1. I am gonna buy two tablets soon as well, one crappy little $130 thing because I like to have that stuff and an asus transformer pad infinity tf700 with a keyboard. But I wonder, is it worth it buying a keyboard for my note? I do want one though and at that store, Media Markt, there probably is one for like $40 so why are we arguing about amazon which is really dangerous when we could just go buy them in a real store? P.S. Here's their website: but they don't have the keyboard in the online shop. Also, please check out my YouTube channel: where I do tech and gaming. xD

Why does the virtual keyboard on my note wait a bit and lag sometimes when I press something that requires the keyboard?