Just gotta have my gigs!...or not...

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Just gotta have my gigs!

Let me know how it works. I heard that you have to download an app to format as FAT32 as I bought a 64 GB SanDisk micro sdxc Class 10 card. I tried formatting it in my GS3 and no joy. I also tried formatting on my laptop and still nothing. Right now I have a 32 GB PNY micro sdxc Class 10 card.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site

I am using a 64 gb Sandisk micro sdhc on my GS3 right now. I didn't have to do anything special (???????)

litlprince

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

I am using a 64 gb Sandisk micro sdhc on my GS3 right now. I didn't have to do anything special (???????)

You will have to format it.. i tested it out with the 64gig card from my gs3 and intitially it didnt work... u gotta format it to fat32 to get it working.. but thats all to easy to do..

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site

You will have to format it.. i tested it out with the 64gig card from my gs3 and intitially it didnt work... u gotta format it to fat32 to get it working.. but thats all to easy to do..
Oh, yeah, well formatting it is no problem, but I didn't have to do anything before I inserted the 64 gig Sandisk ultra micro sdhx in my SG3. Apparently tthe existing format was FAT32.

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site

Weeeeelll, it couldn't be formatted (it was exFAT - what is that, an sd card that went to Jenny Craig?) so the note would recognize it. This, in spite of Lisa Gade's write up at Mobile Tech Review, saying "Note that SDXC cards often come formatted exFAT, and the Samsung released a small bug fix firmware Aug. 23, 2012 that also added exFAT support." She also says she has a 64 gig card in her Note. So what gives? Lisa usually knows what she is talking about. Well, maybe we will get that firmware update. Meanwhile, I put the card in my Asus Transformer TF300. Now it has 32 internal, 64 micro sd and 64 full sized sd (on the keyboard dock).

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have a 16gb Samsung micro that i formatted to exfat and was able to add large gb files (mkv movies) without any problems. However I picked up a 32gb pny class 10 and even though I formatted to exfat on my mac book pro, it gives me an error. Any suggestions on how I can add these large movie files onto the micro without any error messages?

Here is the error message that displayed on my mac book pro: "the operation cant be completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code 0.)"

sent from my Galaxy S3

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I have a Sandisk Class 10 64gig in my Note 10.1. The Note wouldn't do anything with it as it came out of the box. So, I stuck in my Rezound (phone) and formatted it there, then put it in the Note and it works fine. Settings/Storage is currently showing SD card, Total space 59.46GB, Available space 22.63GB. That is after I synced all my music from iTunes onto the SD.

I don't even know (or really care) what filesystem my phone formatted the SD to. Probably FAT32. But, like I said, I don't really care. It works and none of my ripped movies are bigger than 4GB, so if it is FAT32, it shouldn't ever cause me any grief.

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I have a Sandisk Class 10 64gig in my Note 10.1. The Note wouldn't do anything with it as it came out of the box. So, I stuck in my Rezound (phone) and formatted it there, then put it in the Note and it works fine. Settings/Storage is currently showing SD card, Total space 59.46GB, Available space 22.63GB. That is after I synced all my music from iTunes onto the SD.

I don't even know (or really care) what filesystem my phone formatted the SD to. Probably FAT32. But, like I said, I don't really care. It works and none of my ripped movies are bigger than 4GB, so if it is FAT32, it shouldn't ever cause me any grief.
Hey, thanks StuartV. I'll try formatting it in my SG3.

ETA: I just tried it and it didn't work. :mad: I don't get it. It also is a Sandisk class 10.

Last edited:

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I seem to remember somebody else posting that they tried formatting in an SG3 and it didn't work for them, either.

Do you have an SD card reader in a PC or laptop you can use? There is a Windows utility you can download and use that reportedly works.

Or you can send it to me and I'll format it and send it back... :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7